Sunday, April 20, 2008
Our Mantises are Gifted and Talented
We have shedded exoskeletons--woohoo!! We must be doing something right or just have gifted mantises because three of these little buggers have shed their exoskeleton almost a week early. I did my morning check and count and saw what looked like two shriveled bodies on the screen. It took me a few minutes to realize that they must have shed. We ended up finding three sheds (not sure what to call them) and could tell that three were visibly bigger and different. Their body is more greenish and longer. It is ridiculous how excited I was. Grace--the little scientist of the family said, "I was just telling Madison this morning that soon the praying mantises would be shedding their exoskeleton and now they did!" I'm sure Madison was thrilled to discuss exoskeletons this morning. :0)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Madison is always thrilled to discuss anything with her friends - and she's a bug lover too. One of our mantises had shedded too and is a greenish color
I too get excited over things like that. It also gives me a sence of accomplishment.
Post a Comment