Friday, April 4, 2008

Green Hour Challenge day

Our newest Green Hour Challenge was to make a field guide to your area or yard or whatever. So--we made ours today. It is a field guide to flowers in our yard in the spring. I think it turned out really well.




Grace is learning to use the field guide to identify flowers. We correctly identified one of the weeds but still have two that we don't know what they are. They are not in our field guide.

The finished project!

9 comments:

Barb said...

What a great field guide! We haven't even attempted flowers yet. :)

I can't get over the shorts and tank tops...sigh. I'm still in a turtleneck. Soon though, soon.

Thank you for sharing your link,
Barb-Harmony Art Mom

crispy said...

They look great. And impressive that you got them on the blog by lunch time.

Andrea said...

I love your field guides! They are so cute. What a neat idea to document the flowers in your yard.

Smith Schoolhouse said...

I love them! I really like the idea of making a booklet with page protectors and ribbon!

Steph C. said...

Ugh...I am going to have to stop reading blogs I can see...I am so lame. My kids are only learning what Quark and Indesign means. Our nature study consists of what topic "Going, Going, Green" is and they've had pizza the last three nights. I jokingly told Heather R. that and she asked Rach when I was gone, "Did you REALLY have pizza the last three nights?" Tow hich Rac responded..."yes."
Which is actually NOT true...we had pizza TWO nights and once for lunch! I miss my Charlotte Mason days!!!

Melissa said...

Great job on the flower field guide! It really turned out so nice!

Blessings,
Melissa
In the Sparrow's Nest
www.homeschoolblogger.com/melissal89

Dana Leeds said...

What a cute book! I've never seen those types of pages/holders. What are they? And, we have several unidentified weeds in our yard, too. :-)

Tiffany said...

The page holders are from Close to My Heart. It is a stamping/scrapbooking company that does home shows. I bought a lot of these 6 x 6 page protectors and have made lots of little books out of them, they are really fun.

Tina in WA said...

Wonderful flower guide. It so pretty!