I've survived a week of being gluten free. It hasn't been terribly difficult, it is certainly helping me cut back on snacks. I've managed to come up with another good menu for this week and then just two more weeks. I can't really say yet that I've seen a big difference. My swollen finger is a little better. On Thursday it was great but then was swollen quite a bit again on Friday and Saturday. My feet are about the same but feeling better because I'm trying to stay off of them more. I plan to continue the gluten free diet for another two weeks to give it a fair try.
I've lost a couple of more pounds. I'm up to 10 now!
The girls and I are reading "Little Town on the Prairie" and the last chapter we read was all about a town spelling bee. Everybody was sitting around in their homes bored so they all decided to go to the school house and then couldn't decide what to do until someone suggested a spelling bee. To hear Laura describe it you would have thought it was the most exciting thing ever. I wish we could get that excited over something so simple. (Pa won of course.)
I found a new great author--Brandilynn Collins. I started a book on Friday and finished it this afternoon. It was very suspenseful and dramatic but a good, clean read. She's written a lot of books so I'm excited to have a new author to read. When I find a good author I quickly read everything he or she has written and then I'm stuck for a while trying to find another good author. Well, Joe is waiting for my computer so I'll wrap this exciting post up, I know you are disappointed. :0)
5 comments:
Congratulations on the weight loss and sticking to the gluten free diet!
I wish I had a good author to recommend, but I haven't read much of anything for myself lately. I looked for a book by Jodi Picoult with no success. I think they were all checked out at the time. I'll keep looking.
I'll be looking for that author at the library today!
Good job on the diet. I'll have to check out that authur.
Horray for survival. Great job. I'm praying you find results (freedom from pain) with SOME thing you try out. I just want you to feel better soon.
If you need ideas for substitutes and such, let me know. Lisa is also a good source of gluten-free info.
Post a Comment