We have been having Fun Friday around here and catching up on all the Science we didn't do this week as well as studying the next artist in our Cloud Art Study that I got over at Hearts and Trees.

The science behind this had to do with floating boats and cargo. We used a meat tray, a homemade tin foil boat, and a plastic storage container as different boats and used magnetix balls as cargo and experimented with how much cargo each will hold. This quickly turned into water play and my kitchen is a wet mess but I think they learned something and had fun doing it. The ones below this all have to do with learning about some properties of water and dish soap. First we smeared butter on a plate and tried to get it off with water alone and then with dish soap mixed with the butter. Next we made our own bubble solution and wire bubble blowers. We learned how dish soap will stretch around air to make a bubble and stretch between wire.




Hannah and I did the art study today. We were studying Monet and reflections so we each drew a scene with a pond and something being reflected in the pond. I kind of forgot to make mine Monetish but Hannah did better with that.
No comments:
Post a Comment