I can tell it's Friday because I don't want to do anything. Now that we do Home Ec Tuesdays I do not have the freedom to take Fridays off from school. For our first 4 years of homeschooling we always took Fridays off. Not anymore...but, we do often get a late start on Fridays. I've just given the kids an extra half hour to goof off while I pull myself together. I've got the water boiling for some yummola instant coffee. It doesn't even compare to Starbucks but it's fast and easy and will do.
After school I want to head downtown to the Village Antique Fair. Two years ago there was a trailer there full of Fiestaware. I'm sure a lot of it is expensive but I'm hoping to find a bowl or two that is not expensive. I want to start collecting Fiestaware random piece by random piece. I can't afford a whole place setting but I can start piecing it together.
My knee is really hurting today, not sure why but that doesn't mesh well with my plans to go walk around the antique fair looking for cheap Fiestaware. Hoping time and Tylenol will help with that. Because I'm going, in pain or not.
The Office was a good one last night but I'm confused. If anyone can enlighten me that would be great. Why is Michael leaving? Did he get fired and why?
I can't believe Matt Giraud was in the bottom three last night! He's not as charismatic as some of the singers but is really good and should not be in the bottom three. I loved Michael Sarver and hate to see him go but he was the right one. He had a fab attitude--excited to be going on tour.
Hannah and I have to make a BOATLOAD of Norwegian meatballs. I am extremely intimidated...I think I will have to do that first and get it out of the way. That's how I always handle things that are intimidating to me--dive right in and get it over with as soon as possible. After my coffee and our Bible time we are going to be elbow deep in raw meat and egg--fun!
We finished our display yesterday and we are really happy with it. It turned out great! We have really had a lot of fun with International Day. We did a Viking lapbook to go with it and I'm happy with that too. Doing the research for it got me all excited about lapbooking. I ordered one for Hannah to do about Africa. It looked like a lot of fun. Lapbooking is such a great way to learn!
The kids just called me out to see a woodpecker. It was a Pilleated one I think. Does observing a woodpecker count as school? Can we be done now?
Everybody say hi to my friend, Peggy, from New Mexico. She is my newest "mystery" follower. Peggy and I went to the University of New Mexico together both learning to be math teachers. Peggy would totally appreciate my math geek shirts!
I'm dying to do a puzzle, I need some quiet-focused-slowdownthebrain-puzzle time. Maybe after I finish the second Twilight book. I'm embarrased to say that I'm hooked. Although it is about vampires, it is not gory, totally clean (no swearing, no sex) and a very gripping story. I highly recommend it. Try it, you'll like it. C'mon Mikey.
16 comments:
Hi Peggy.
I've caved. I am going to read it because Jane begged me to the other day so come on, how could I not? I know I will also be addicted. The only thing is that Lynne (from library) said Jane has to stay away form the final book because there is sex in it! Jane is distressed and mad at the author.
I fell in love with fiesta wear when I was little. My nana has a whole set and I loved it then and love it now. I have none though. I hope you find some good things and that your knee feels better. Whenever you say these things I think of Greg. I think you suffer some of the same things. His knees hurt him - soemtimes it's the weather.
The Office was good, but what I think they've been doing for the past couple of weeks is set up for the finale. Last week Michael quit because the new VP was keeping him from communicating directly with headquarters. I think Steve Carrell is so talented because he can make me howl with laughter and cringe for him at the same time.
Hi Peggy!
Hi to Peggy!
Hey girl - have a fun day and I hope your knee feels better. I'm an ibuprofen advocate though for knees because it can also help inflammation which might be triggering your pain. That's just me and my bias. :)
Are you going to post your recipe for Norwegian meatballs? Are they the same as Swedish, but just a bit more "westernized"???
Have a good day and good luck with the Fiestaware!
Come on...finish New Moon already. I'm stealing it from you tonight whether you've finished or not ;-).
Hey Peggy!
love fiestaware but don't have any yet either... can't wait for Office to finish so we can get this season on Netflix... my knees are bad (left has a partial ACL tear even), can walk all day as long as I don't have to go up many stairs or walk fast in the sand or twist it somehow, if those things happen I'm down for the count a while...I already mentioned I'm puzzle challenged... Twilight is becoming quite the curiousity for me now...
Hi Peggy!
I couldn't believe it about Matt G either. I liked Michael too, but it was definitely time for him to go. It was surprising Megan wasn't even in the bottom 3!
Requested the 1st Twilight book from the library today. Luke says his teacher is mad for the series.
surprised too about matt g but I think with so many good guys it will split the votes and probably put one of them out early.
Can't wait to hear how I Day goes.
Hi, Peggy!
I hear the Twilight series is quite addicting. One of the park moms LOVES it.
I hope your knees feel better. And I think you should post the recipe for Norwegian meatballs, too. I'm curious now.
Cristy
Hi Peggy!
I'm glad you wrote who got voted off...I missed all of Idol this week. I didn't watch last week's either, so I guess I'm really behind. I'll probably tune back in toward the end.
Hope your knee feels better!
Hi Peg Leg!
Why do you have to make a boatload of Fiesta Ware?
Why are Norwegian Meatballs leaving Michael?
What's raw meat and eggs have to do with a Pilleated Woodpecker from New Mexico?
Adam Lambert is the next American Idol!!! Owoo!
Hi Tiff,
I am hooked on Twilight too!!!! :)It was great seeing you..hope brennas doing good for ya!!!
Ann Marie--I wondered about the weather thing with my knee. It's been fine the last two days...
Lori--the Office is definitely setting up for something. I cannot believe Michael quit! I figured he had been fired.
Sarah--I used to take ibuprofen but now I take a prescription anti-inflammatory everyday and can't combo ibuprofen with it. So, if I need more pain relief I have to go with the Tylenol. Just posted the Norwegian meatball recipe!
Cheryl--stairs are torture for me. Makes me feel so old!
Steph--you are truly a NUT!!! Your comment gave me a good chuckle.
Sloan--I'm right there with you. He's becoming my fave.
Debbie--Brenna's been wonderful! She even ate some brussel sprouts, and liked them. She wants me to give you the recipe.
just got back in town...didn't read the whole post - so, are you joining the fiestaware club! Love it. I want another new color...is 14 place settings obnoxious?
ingle nook--yes, 14 place settings is obnoxious. In repentance, I think you should send me 5. Or just a bowl? I have nothing yet. I was hoping to change that this weekend but found nothing. The trailer wasn't there this year.
Post a Comment