I went to the library last week and checked out a big stack of cookbooks. In my stack was a cookbook dedicated to crepes, pancakes, and waffles. As Grace was perusing this cookbook she came across a recipe she was just dying to make. It was a fruit skewer with squares of crepe interspersed among the fruit and served with yogurt. Grace is the sweetest child, so easygoing, so compliant. She often gets lost in the shuffle of her more demanding siblings so when she really wants to do something like this I try to make it happen. So, I decided to just bite the bullet and make this on Thursday morning. To be honest, I did this very grudgingly. I tried to put on a happy face though. A friend whose name I won't mention but it starts with an A and rhymes with Lan Sarie said that I should make sure to put on a cute apron, take pictures of myself and Grace smiling and being all perfect and then post it to my blog so that everybody thinks I'm some wonderful mom and gets all jealous. Notice, I am NOT doing that to you my faithful readers. :0) So, I'm in there making crepes (which were totally delish by the way) with Grace. She made the batter, I did the cooking, she cut up fruit and crepes and made the skewers. And then--Joe wakes up and is sick and feels like he's going to vomit. He ran to the toilet about 10 times thinking he was going to vomit before we actually had real vomit. So, I'm trying to be all happy mom and make crepes with Grace and every two minutes I have to run to the toilet with Joe and hold him while he tries to vomit. Can we say stressful? Anyway, the crepes got made and I think I faked a happy mom for Grace. She had fun and the crepes were really good. Once Joe was done vomiting all morning he ate two whole skewers along with a ton of other food. He does this randomly, wakes up nauseated and throws up for a few hours and then proceeds to eat his weight in whatever he can find.
Saturday, October 11, 2008
Crepes and Vomit
I went to the library last week and checked out a big stack of cookbooks. In my stack was a cookbook dedicated to crepes, pancakes, and waffles. As Grace was perusing this cookbook she came across a recipe she was just dying to make. It was a fruit skewer with squares of crepe interspersed among the fruit and served with yogurt. Grace is the sweetest child, so easygoing, so compliant. She often gets lost in the shuffle of her more demanding siblings so when she really wants to do something like this I try to make it happen. So, I decided to just bite the bullet and make this on Thursday morning. To be honest, I did this very grudgingly. I tried to put on a happy face though. A friend whose name I won't mention but it starts with an A and rhymes with Lan Sarie said that I should make sure to put on a cute apron, take pictures of myself and Grace smiling and being all perfect and then post it to my blog so that everybody thinks I'm some wonderful mom and gets all jealous. Notice, I am NOT doing that to you my faithful readers. :0) So, I'm in there making crepes (which were totally delish by the way) with Grace. She made the batter, I did the cooking, she cut up fruit and crepes and made the skewers. And then--Joe wakes up and is sick and feels like he's going to vomit. He ran to the toilet about 10 times thinking he was going to vomit before we actually had real vomit. So, I'm trying to be all happy mom and make crepes with Grace and every two minutes I have to run to the toilet with Joe and hold him while he tries to vomit. Can we say stressful? Anyway, the crepes got made and I think I faked a happy mom for Grace. She had fun and the crepes were really good. Once Joe was done vomiting all morning he ate two whole skewers along with a ton of other food. He does this randomly, wakes up nauseated and throws up for a few hours and then proceeds to eat his weight in whatever he can find.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
wow.
Oh...I can totally understand. Poor thing. Hope he is over the sickness.
You are such a good mom.
When I saw your title, I got a little nervous because I was afraid it was "new vomit" since your kids were at our house yesterday. Glad to see you were just catching up from Thursday!
Thanks for making me put down the chips that I was eating.
Anywho...
I'm duly impressed that you can juggle crepe making and puke monitoring.
I Kept waiting for the PICTURE. ewwww
I was worried there would be a picture.
Aside from taking a break from writing I decided to break from reading blogs too, but I have some free time so I decided to check yours and I was laughing SO hard reading this. Not laughing AT you or anything, just laughing because this story is so typical of mommyhood
signed ann marie, the person who told you to make everyone jealous ( of course i was just kidding about that part!)(not really)
and i hope he is feeling better
oh my... I'm sorry but the story was too real not to laugh "with" you. What a morning! and doesn't it just figure?
the crepes look delish though!
Post a Comment