Monday, October 13, 2008

A Simple Woman's Daybook

A Simple Woman's Daybook for today...October 13, 2008

Outside my window...it is actually nice and cool, a little overcast I think or maybe it's just darker than usual because it's getting closer to winter. The sun's not fully up yet so it's hard to tell. I would love a dreary day. Living in Florida--the land of eternal sunshine--I appreciate those days where the clouds roll in, it makes my heart sing.

I am thinking...that I WILL relax this morning and still get everything done. We have all day and I can be relaxed and still get school accomplished. Usually I am not relaxed in the morning, it's this fear that if I relax nothing will get done.

From our homeschool...I was all set to start Exploring Countries and Cultures this week but it's just not a good week (again). Next week for sure. This week in addition to our normal school (the three R's) we have some baking to do and maybe some decorating.

I am thankful for...the cooler weather, having healthy kids, that even though I have pain in my feet I can still walk and I am getting better, having a faithful husband.

From the kitchen...salmon and sweet potato latkes tonight, trying more new recipes the rest of the week. I'm especially looking forward to Butternut Squash and Leek soup. I LOVE soups, all kinds and I'm so happy that soon it will really be soup weather. It's close enough to go ahead and try this recipe.
I am wearing...pjs.

I am reading...Second Glance by Jodi Picoult. I've just barely gotten started and I'm not sure I'm going to like it. It is about hauntings and stuff. We'll see. I may have to pick something different.

I am hoping...that Joe's new school books will come in today. I'm revamping his school to make it more pleasant for both of us.

I am creating...construction paper leaves and pumpkins.

I am hearing...the wind in the trees and that's it!

Around the house...just trying to keep it picked up and food on the table during this busy week (see below). Maybe a toilet will even get cleaned but I'm not promising anything.

One of my favorite things...Monday mornings. Really, I love Monday morning.

A few plans for the rest of the week...lots of tutoring, Hannah is in Aladdin, Jr. Thurs-Sun, rehearsals Tues and Wed., pumpkin decorating at the library, a trip to the pumpkin patch, Precepts, Keepers at Home meeting, school, school, more school. This will be a picture-filled blog week, aren't you excited??

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...
This was from last year at the pumpkin patch.
If you want to participate in the daybook, see Peggy here.

9 comments:

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

I love dreary days as long as there aren't too many in a row. One of those days that you want to curl up with coffee/tea and a good book. :D

I love having soup in cooler weather. There is something so comforting about it. :D

Have a great full week! :D
Sherry

Anonymous said...

I have decided not to read any more of her books. Most are a little depressing. I did like, My Sister's Keeper.
Don't you just love the photo ops in the Fall.
I like Mondays if I can stay home and take it slow. Need some down time after a full weekend.
Mama Bear

Jerralea said...

I love Mondays, too! There's just something about a new beginning ...

Loved your fall picture!

Anonymous said...

I've enjoyed reading your daybook. We did MFW Exploring Countries and Cultures a few years back and really enjoyed our studies. May you be blessed in your world travels.

Thanks for sharing your daybook!
~Mrs.Cuddles

Lori said...

Your kitchen is going to smell great! What did you pick out for Joe?

Gayle said...

A trip to the pumpkin patch would be such a treat. None of those here...they'd be buried under the snow. You like ice? Me, too! All the time. :)

A happy heart at home said...

Healthy children and a faithful husband - definitely things to be thankful for!

~Susan

Pamela said...

Great picture! I enjoyed your Daybook - would you please share your sweet potato latkes recipe?

Cassidy said...

The fall picture was great. I LOVE YOUR BLOG! It looks like a scrapbook and I love that!
Smiles, Cassidy

www.thankfulmommy.com