A Simple Woman's Daybook for today...October 20, 2008 Outside my window...it's a nice, cool morning.
I am thinking...that I have too much to do today. Trying to decide what to cut.
From the learning rooms...we are starting Exploring Countries and Cultures today no matter what. Joe will be starting his new books--I bought him the Rod and Staff Pre-K (which is really Kindergarten). I know he can do more but right now it's something I think he can enjoy as he's learning how to school at home and obey his momma!
I am thankful for...the cooler weather, we've made it through another Florida summer. I know it will get hot again before it stays cool but this first cool front of the season has been wonderful!
From the kitchen...Ollie made the best Pad Thai last night! He is really getting into cooking and I am loving it.
I am wearing...shorts and a t-shirt (I'm actually up and dressed!)
I am reading...Lady of Milkweed Manor by Julie Klassen--this has been a great book! I'm almost done and wish I had the morning to lounge around and finish it. It's set back in "Jane Austen days" and it's about a woman of society who gets pregnant out of wedlock and has to go to a lying in place to have her baby and all that happens after that. It's about babies, wet nurses, set in a time in history that I've always been interested in. No wonder I'm enjoying it!
I am hoping...for an answer to some prayers, big ones.
I am creating...the schedule for the next quarter children's ministry. Fun!
I am hearing...my kids roughhousing and squealing, certain to result in someone hurt and/or a really aggravated mommy.
Around the house...every room needs a good scrubbing. I would like to take the week and focus on one room a day. Yeah--nice idea, won't happen.
One of my favorite things...a Starbucks gift card.
A few plans for the rest of the week...school, school, more school, getting evaluated for new orthotics for my shoes--hopefully this will really help with my feet, tutoring, finishing my book, getting outside for a bike ride or two or three.
Here is a picture thought I'm sharing with you...
If you want to participate in the daybook, see Peggy here.
10 comments:
Did you notice our names are right next to each other on the simple woman's page? (16 and 17 I think.)
Where in Florida are you? We're in the north Tampa area. Isn't this weather wonderful?
Thanks for sharing.
Thanks for sharing your daybook. I hope that you get the answers to your prayers.
~Mrs.Cuddles
It's nice to married to a man who knows his way around the kitchen!
Beautiful blog & enjoyed your daybook.
Cass
www.thankfulmommy.com
This is to funny. I just randomly picked your blog to check out and it seems you are from Florida too. I'm enjoy this break in the weather as well. I love this time of year here. It was nice peeking into your daybook.
Blessings to you.
Kim
Cute pics on your page! I hope the new orthotics help your feet. I have plantar fasciitis in my heels, so I know how feet can hurt. Have a great week!
~Susan
As I was reading your post our children started in with the rough housing! I enjoyed your daybook.
I really enjoyed reading your Daybook. A Starbucks gift card would definitely be on my list of favorites things!
Have a great week.
Post a Comment