Saturday, October 4, 2008

Random Post

Well, it's back to real life now that I'm home from vacation.  I have had next to no time on the computer and don't anticipate getting much time for a while.  What am I doing that is keeping me so busy???  Let's make a list-

  • Homeschooling--yes, I need to get back in the swing of things.  After all, it is the EDUCATION of my children.  No big deal, no pressure, no stress.  I am looking forward to a couple of months of consistent, uninterrupted schooling.  We still have not really gotten into a good groove because there have been so many interruptions but over the next couple of months I will be really guarding our time.  That will mean saying no to some really great opportunities but I just can't do everything wonderful that comes our way.  Otherwise I end up where I am today--stressed because there's not enough time to do everything and worn out by 6 pm.  
  • Exercising--I have to make getting to the gym a priority, at least 4 times a week.  I just know that the exercise will make me feel better.  My feet are getting better but my legs and knees still bother me and I know that strengthening my body will help (at least  that's what I've read).  I will also be doing my stretches at least once if not twice a day.  I took some days off from exercising while on vacation and I've had a bit of a setback.  Not good.
  • Tutoring--I have been blessed with a full tutoring schedule.  I am thankful for the work, like everybody else in the US right now, we NEED the money.  That takes up 5-10 hours a week of my otherwise "free time."  Not really free time because what mom has free time? But you get the picture.
  • Homemaking--cooking and cleaning.  Just have to be done.  I'm doing the minimal right now but the minimal is still a lot with a family of five.  Ollie has been helping with dinner so that's good.
  • Family Time--although I spend all day with my kids I don't really have a lot of down time just hanging out with them, playing games, reading stories, watching a movie.  Much of our time together is very structured.  And of course I need time with Ollie.
  • Me Time--I'm sure you all know how much I love my hobbies--scrapbooking, sewing, reading.  Well, I haven't scrapbooked or sewed in months and the last few weeks I've done minimal reading.  I've only read one book in 2 weeks--highly unusual for me.  Reading is what keeps me sane.  I NEED some time to read every day to just decompress.  I need to work this into my schedule.
  • And of course--Quiet Time with God.  Like many people, when life gets busy, this goes out the window and that begins a downward spiral.  So, I am getting my priorities straight once again after falling off the vacation wagon.
All of this to say--I may not be posting everyday and I may not be leaving any comments.  I will be reading blogs of course but may not have time to comment regularly.  It usually takes me an hour or so to read, comment, and write.  I am going to be working on getting my priorities straight and honestly, blogging is at the bottom of the list.  Because I love it and it's almost therapeutic I am not giving it up entirely just slowing down.  I hope everyone has a wonderful Saturday.  I'm off to enjoy the outdoors and work in the yard for a little while.  

1 comment:

Ingle Nook said...

OK...but now that you have requested...I am doing better at updating my blog so you have to read it and I will at least need a comment or 2! Miss you already. Enjoy a great day outside!