Thursday, January 24, 2008

Feeling much better...

I got busy yesterday afternoon and I feel much better.  The bathrooms are clean which in and of itself makes me feel good.  The kids and I have been listening to Focus on the Family's radio drama of the Chronicles of Narnia.  We just finished The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe yesterday so I let them watch the movie yesterday afternoon.  I got the living room decluttered, kitchen and bathroom cleaned and that was good enough for me.  I also managed to finish school after the movie.  So, the day wasn't too bad.  I had to tutor last night and then spent a long time putting kids to bed.  We had gotten a lot of books at the library so I read some of those.  By the time I was done I wasn't up for dealing with dinner dishes.  I did take the time to clear the table though and soak the dishes.  It won't be as bad as it could be this morning.  I also got up at 6 am this morning so I feel much more ready to jump into my day!  I have had a quiet time and read some great verses this morning in Psalm 119.  I have been reading the New Living Translation and I absolutely love it.  I have a list a mile long but I've prayed that God would direct my day.  I am really hoping for some rain.  I love rain and it just makes me giddy.  I know I am weird.  I should have included that in my quirky post.  I am EXCITED about church tonight.  We are learning about 
worry--sounds like a message I need to hear.  I hope your day is blessed.

4 comments:

Julie said...

Very inspirational today!

Steph C. said...

Glad you are going tonight!!!

oneblessedmamma said...

LOVE Focus on the Family's radio/audio book stuff. It's great. We just saw The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe on the way to St. Pete and back-well, the kids watched and we listened.

Anonymous said...

I stole y'er rain quirk...
:>),
G