Monday, January 7, 2008

My New School Space



Once I got going today--it took awhile--I really got going!  I had a great day.  It felt so great getting back to normal.  We got all our school done and both girls did great.  I don't think they forgot anything during our break.  Can we say woo-hoo???  I was really worried about having to take precious time to reteach.  After we picked up Joe I got busy in the Florida room.  I had a BIG idea.   I got this BIG idea last night.  Before most of my friends had blogs I used to love to go to homeschoolblogger.com and visit random blogs.  I haven't done that in about 6 months or more but I went through a few last night before bed.  Well, on one of them someone had posted pictures of her school room.  She had a table turned a certain way and I just loved it.  I could hardly sleep for all the planning I was doing in my head.  In our Florida room we've had this great corner bench unit thingawhoppy.  It looks great from a distance but not so great when you are trying to sit on it.  It was very uncomfortable and awkward.  I tried to school there but just couldn't stand it so I haul everything to the kitchen table everyday and back again to the Florida room.  Today I decided to say bye-bye to the great corner bench unit thingawhoppy (it's up for grabs if anyone wants it).  That was the best thing I ever did!  It left so much room and I put my table just so and built myself some redneck bookshelves (milk crates and plywood) and we have a workable school space.  I can hardly wait to school there tomorrow.  The girls spent all evening there drawing.  It was a lot of work to disassemble the thingawhoppy--I even had to use multiple tools but I figured it out and was so proud of myself.  

6 comments:

Steph C. said...

Fantastic!! It feels so good!!! Woohoo to new organized space!

Melissa said...

Well done! Hope it works well for you. Love the Redneck bookshelves!

Grammy said...

WOW!! The new space looks great!! I know you feel better getting that all cleaned up.
Have fun teaching and tell the girls I'm so proud that they haven't forgotten a thing!! I am not surprised.
Love, Mom/Grammy

Leisa said...

I love it. It looks great, but don't get rid of the bech it is too cute!

Lisa said...

LOVE it!! My sister Michelle set up a great homeschool space for Hayley and Spencer...it looks a lot like yours. It's so nice to be by the window...glad it's working for you. :)

Lady G~ said...

Great schooling area! Wish I had room for your bench thingy. :o( I really like it.