Sunday, January 6, 2008

T-shirts and other random thoughts

I was in Wal-mart today and this woman had on this shirt that said, "I'm busy, you're ugly, so shut up."  Isn't that awful???  I love t-shirts and I love the ones that say funny things but this new fad of shirts that insult you as you read them is just too much.  

We start back into "normal" life tomorrow.  Ollie and Joe go back to school and the girls and I jump back into homeschooling.  It's been so long since we cracked a book that I am intimidated.  I've already thought we might kick off our day with a trip to Starbucks to get us going.  That would waste valuable time though so we probably won't do that.  We'll see how the morning goes with Joe.

He says he's sick almost every morning.  I thought it was because he didn't want to go to preschool but his morning sickness has continued over the vacation.  Friday he insisted that he was sick and wanted me to put a movie on for him.  I told him that I'd start a movie as soon as he threw up.  He spent a few minutes in the bathroom trying to throw up and then said, "I'll eat some breakfast and then I'll throw up."  By the time he had eaten breakfast he had forgotten about throwing up.  He wanted chap stick.  I had somewhere I wanted to go Friday morning and he was being grumpy about going out so I told him that we could stay home but that meant I couldn't get him the chap stick he had asked for.  He immediately got ready to go.  And, guess what?  I forgot to get the chap stick and he hasn't mentioned it.  

One more thing--did you know that Starbucks has kid's hot cocoa for a little over a $1 and it is not as hot as their regular coffee?  It's just perfect for kids.  

Pray for us in the morning.  I want to be relaxed and joyful instead of irritable and stressed.  We are also going to start reading through the Bible with the goal of reading it through this year.  I have a Day By Day Kid's Bible and it says we can read through the Bible in a year with just 7 minutes a day.  We'll see...

5 comments:

Steph C. said...

Let's pray for each other! :) I need it for school too.

Melissa said...

Thinking of you!

Lady G~ said...

Praying for God to restore your peace and joy for homeschooling.

My nephew just told me yesterday that a lady at the bowling alley had on a t-shirt that said, "Moon Me". One of the guys was very drunk and mooned her. The lady got a kick out of it. How sad is THAT!

Kirsten said...

Praying for you. I need the prayers also. And your Joe cracks me up!

Starrs In Denver said...

We read through that Bible with our kids two years ago and loved it! We too got back into MFW Adventures today. Kinda hard, but good.
Happy New Year!
~Rose