This is what Hannah told me tonight after we had a little issue. She was in her bed and we were talking and she said,
"So much for the revolution!"
I, of course, said "what?"
And she said, "You know that thing I made at the beginning of the year about being a better person?"
This lead to a good talk about reSolutions and also about leaning on God to help us be better people. I told her that when we pray for something like patience or controlling our tongue that God gives us opportunities to practice these things. When we fail we can be thankful for a God who loves us and forgives us. Then forgetting what is behind we press on and start fresh. It was a great conversation. Thank you God for wisdom!
1 comment:
A little late on the comment, but who cares....
I'm glad this came about (even though I feel partially to blame, as it was my class where we made those silly reSolutions) because the lesson learned is we need Jesus!
PTL,
G
Post a Comment