Sunday, October 5, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook




A Simple Woman's Daybook for today, the eve of October 6...



Outside my window...it is dark and I can't see anything but I can hear the crickets. I'm doing my daybook a little early because I don't anticipate having much if any time on the computer tomorrow.



I am thinking...I am finally feeling more calm and normal again after lots of anxiety and overwhelminess (is that a word) last week. I feel ready to start this week and truly get back in the swing of things.



From our homeschool...tomorrow we are back in the saddle after a few unusual weeks. I am eager to get into a routine and have some consistency in our daily life.



I am thankful for...cooler weather! Also, plenty of tutoring jobs and a husband willing to take on more responsibility so I can "work" in the evenings.



From the kitchen...homemade cinnamon rolls earlier. Hopefully, lots of fresh vegetables and fruit and healthy food this week.



I am wearing...a fabulous "new to me" pair of capris and tank thanks to Ann Marie.



I am reading...The Glass Castle--awesome book so far but crazy! It's a memoir of this girl who had a very unique life. I'm only halfway through but I'm enjoying it. Also the biography of Nate Saint to the girls.



I am hoping...that with a good diet, exercise, and time my legs and feet will feel normal.



I am creating...kids who love to read and learn???



Around the house...I cleaned our main rooms today, well not really cleaned but de-cluttered and it will feel good to wake up to order and neatness. The cooler weather is prompting us to get outside and clean up the yard after a long, hot summer. We are going to plant a garden for the fall. And, I actually feel like doing a little fall decorating. I'm not much of a decorator but I think it would be fun to have the house look festive and fall like.



One of my favorite things...a long nap on Sunday afternoon.



A Few Plans for the Rest of the Week..."hunkering down" around here and doing school, lots of tutoring, field trip to meet a judge, Bible study on Tuesday, and whatever else strikes our fancy.



Here is a picture thought I'm sharing...

"Sword" fighting with Harrison.

If you want to participate in the daybook, see Peggy here.

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

lots of good thoughts!

Pamela said...

I'm sure overwhelminess must be a word - we all go through it from time to time!

Hope you feel better soon.

Marye said...

great day book!

overwhelminess? Yes..it is a state of being here.

marye
http://www.simplyhomeremedies.com/221/

A happy heart at home said...

I understand 'overwhelminess'! Thanks for sharing your daybook. I hope you have a nice weekend.

~Susan