Thursday, December 11, 2008

Better Day and Here's Why



No expectations. None. That's why I didn't get dressed until 1 pm today. That's why Grace is still not dressed. That's why Joe is in the same clothes he had on last night and then slept in. That's why Hannah has been watching old episodes of Bewitched for the last hour. That's why I haven't screamed at anyone. That's why I haven't thrown a book or anything else yet today. That's why I got to spend an hour on the phone with Marissa. That's why Grace and Joe are eating fluffernutters for lunch (peanut butter and marshmallow fluff sandwiches). That's why I caved and bought wrapping paper yesterday. That's why I was able to almost finish a fairly large puzzle and then quit a little over halfway through because I didn't want to do the sky or Santa's coat. That's why I could start my favorite Christmas puzzle (while on the phone with Marissa). Much, much, much better day. I should try this more often. I did spend an hour reading to the kids earlier today so it's not a total wash of a day. And they practiced for their Sunday morning performance in a couple of weeks. I really should have days like this more often. It's been good for all of us.

11 comments:

5Gustos said...

I'm glad you're having a better day. :)

Julie said...

Good for you, sounds like a great day!!

Lori said...

Sounds like the perfect way to spend a rainy day!

ann marie said...

excellent!

Cheryl said...

I'm with them!

Leisa said...

Your Christmas tree that says 14 days til Christmas is FREAKING me out!!!!

DebiH. said...

Yes, you should. A day without "stuff" getting done doesn't always make it "unproductive" :)

Melissa said...

Good on you - well done!

Becks said...

i too did not get dressed until 1 pm today.. :) only cuz i got so wrapped up in a project i forgot what time it was!

Lisa said...

Good for you!
Fluffernutters rock.

Smith Schoolhouse said...

Fluffernutters- i never knew that was what they were called!!! Did your mom make that up? It sounds like something she woul say!