Sunday, December 28, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy

I am in major busy mode.  Much to do, much to do.  No time to rest because it all must be d0ne as soon as possible or the world will collapse or something.  I truly make myself nuts!!  My big project right now is scrapbooking.  I've decided that I'm done with scrapbooking for a while.  I have no time for it yet feel compelled to do it.  So, I end up just fretting over when I will have time to get caught up.  I have all my stuff out and I'm finishing up the pictures that have been printed and then that's it for the year.  I will now be making photo books through Snapfish.  They turn out so nice and I don't think the cost is that much more than printing the pictures and paying for the scrapbooking supplies.  My plan is to do one every three months or so.  I will limit how many pictures I put in to keep it reasonable.  I have to fight against the urge to document everything that happens in our life.  I always have my camera with me.  I am definitely going to work on relaxing in this area and experiencing things firsthand and not through the lens of a camera.  Grace got a camera for Christmas and Hannah and Ollie went in together on a video camera that also takes pictures--one of those really little ones.  So, they can make up for what I miss.  

I am really struggling with Christians who misrepresent Christ and His message of love.  I have had quite a few situations come up lately where someone who was supposedly a christian did something very unchristian.  Now, I know we are not perfect but why is it the most outspoken christians who fall the hardest and most publicly???  I believe God has placed me in some relationships with unbelievers to be an example of Him and His love and His integrity.  It is challenging to reach these people because they have been so badly burned by christians.  For now, I am quietly loving and serving and living out my life with integrity and building relationships.  God can take it from there.  

I went out to Red Lobster for lunch today and caved and got the fried platter--everything fried--clam strips, crab cakes, popcorn shrimp, fish, and french fries.  Boy did I feel "yuck" later.  I so wish I would have gotten something broiled or grilled and eaten less, that would be the smarter thing to do.  The problem with me is this--we almost never eat out so when we do I feel like I should get whatever I want and not try to deprive myself and be healthy.  Not a healthy way to think and I end up not feeling good as a result.  We'll see how if affects my inflammation tomorrow.  I predict a painful day.  Ugh!!!  When will I grow up and act like a responsible adult?  

I'm so excited for a new year!  I LOVE new beginnings.  I always feel so ambitious and excited about how things are going to change.  Of course reality sets in fairly quickly but because I'm not a perfectionist I just go with the flow and don't get too jazzed about it.  I do enjoy planning and dreaming though of how I am going to change my life in the new year, new month, new week, etc.  

I'm off to do a few more pages before I hit the hay!

4 comments:

Sue said...

Tiff, I've been considering doing the Snapfish albums too. I have NOTHING in albums. Scrapbooking stresses me out because it does require a tremendous amount of time - which I don't have, and Ilike to get a project done from start to finish, which is very unrealistic in the scrapbooking world! I'm with you about the whole "new beginnings" thing. Set your sights low for the new year. That way anything "extra" will be a bonus. I've learned the more expectations I have, the more disappointments I face. Which in turn translates (in my head) that I've failed in some way. Have a Happy New Year, and remember, He's all that matters; live for Him, and He'll make sure everything else gets taken care of.

Sue said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cheryl said...

oh, this was good! it sounds like we're living some things in parellel! LOL razzle dazzle!

Smith Schoolhouse said...

No matter how loud and obnoxious you are around us, your already Christian friends, you have always had and still do have a gentle way with unbelievers and baby Christians and I have always admired that!