Friday, December 5, 2008

Souper Saturday--Broccoli Cheese Soup

Truly the only way to eat broccoli--

1 large onion

2 Tbsp. butter

2 large potatoes, diced

Chicken bouillon cubes

1 head of broccoli chopped

1/2 tsp. basil

salt and pepper to taste

cheddar cheese

Saute the onion in the butter until soft, add the potatoes and stir to coat. Add enough water to cover the potatoes. Measure as you put the water in and add 1 bouillon cube per cup of water. Bring to a boil and then turn down to simmer. Simmer for 15 minutes. Add the broccoli and seasonings. Simmer until the broccoli is tender. Puree and then add the cheese.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Can't wait to try it!

Randi Sue said...

I am making my menu for this week, and we wil be eating this soup.

I made the chicken soup with meatballs Thanksgiving week. I had it ready for my parents when they came in form Georgia. My mom loved it. She said it was the kind of food she grew up on. Her dad is Italian and all her aunts made food like that. I told her the recipe was from you and that made it even better. You know she thinks you are so cute, maybe it is because you remind her of herself.