Monday, December 15, 2008

A Simple Woman's Daybook




A Simple Woman's Daybook for today...December 15, 2008


Outside my window...it is cloudy and cool. It's supposed to be in the high 70s today and muggy. I enjoy cloudy days.


I am thinking...that if you are not a regular reader of my blog, after reading my daybook you should take a few minutes to read the post right after it. It's a really neat Christmas story from my childhood about the year that our house burned down on Christmas Eve.


I am thankful for...my kids. I always wanted to be a mom and I'm so thankful to have them!


From the learning rooms...not much this week. Hannah will finish her math workbook (she does Horizons and there are two books for each grade level). This is the first time we've been able to finish half her math before Christmas! Grace will do some Explode the Code and some Math and hopefully we will get in lots of reading and maybe an art project. We'll see...


From the kitchen...I'm going to try to replicate "Kickin' Corn and Crab Chowder" from Crispers. I'm really not sure what else. I haven't gotten around to planning a menu.


I am wearing...pjs--my favorite flannel pants and a t-shirt


I am creating...lots of sweets this week. I have three events this weekend to bring baked goods too.


I am going...to the dentist this morning for a cleaning.


I am reading...The Last Juror by John Grisham, I thought I'd read everything he'd written and then I came across this. I love John Grisham.


I am hoping...That Bella's cells will grow, grow, grow! She had a stem cell transplant this past Friday.


I am hearing..."Arthur" in the background. I remember back when I was in Moms Club "Arthur" was one of those shows that lots of moms were opposed to their children watching. Seems harmless to me.


Around the house...We are doing an okay job of keeping things tidy so I'm not going crazy. I have a puzzle in the works--a Charlie Brown Christmas puzzle, a big basket of Christmas books to be read, Advent calendars galore--I think we have 7 this year.


One of my favorite things...a good game of Phase 10 with my girls. If you've never played this card game--you should start. It's so fun!


A few plans for the rest of the week...the dentist, 4 Christmas events, babysitting a friend's little girl, plowing through that big basket of Christmas books, doing some baking, working on final Christmas gifts.


Here is a picture thought I'm sharing with you...

My aunt and uncle were at the beach this weekend and got to see this--the shuttle coming home from California.


If you want to participate in the daybook, go here.

8 comments:

Leisa said...

How do You get ALL this done??? Baking, cooking, school, reading, puzzles, Art???????????????

Can you share that secret please?

ann marie said...

I know Leisa, I was thinking the same thing.
That is a cool picture.
I am looking forward to baking all week long. I love baking for Christmas. Nothing puts me in a happy mood more than that.

Randi Sue said...

This is the first year that 2 of my kids will be halfway through with their math before Christmas this year. They are using Singapore math.

Karen said...

Enjoyed your daybook. Cool picture!Have a wonderful Christmas.
Karen

Anonymous said...

I really like your picture thought. That is so neat. When the shuttle lands here (CA) all I get to hear is the sonic boom. But not all the time. If I know it is coming I keep my eye peeled to the skies, but it has evaded me to this day.

Have a blessed day!
Tina Kay

Tiffany said...

First of all Leisa--I don't get ALL this done. I do want to get ALL this done and always have high aspirations first thing Monday morning but it doesn't take long before reality sets in. Let's just say reality has set in. I can't believe how dirty my house is. Tidy, yes. Clean, NO? One more thing--I do not watch tv except for the Office on Thursday nights. So, in the evening I read or do a puzzle or blog. I am too ADD to watch tv.

Lisa said...

Thanks Tiffany,
This is our first year ever traveling at the holidays....so we thought we would make it as simple as possible :)
I LOVE Phase 10!!
Arhtur??? really? Arthur is a great show for kids...it usually teaches them some type of character trait like integrity or something.
If you are a cafemom member...I di have some pics of my quilts on there. I love to quilt. LOVE LOVE LOVE it! I am trying to wrap things up for the season though so I can organize my sewing area and clean my machine before I go away.
Thanks for commenting! I enjoy reading your blog :)
-Lisa

oneblessedmamma said...

HATE Arthur. 25 minutes of whining about DW, or homework, or Mr. Ratburn, followed by 2 minutes of realizing the value of said person or thing. Like fingernails on a chalkboard to me.
That said, my kids watched it today while I napped, LOL.