Tuesday, December 23, 2008

How Do You Count it Down?

This year we have 7 Advent calendars! We can't even keep up with them all every day and regularly have to have a catch up day.

Joe and Grace got these at church and I love it. You use stickers to make the manger scene and then the stars are numbered--one for every day.
This is an Usborne book, you pop out a new piece each day to add to the scene.

The one on the left is the favorite this year. A "Littlest Pet Shop" advent calendar. There have been three pets and various winter items like a hat, a scarf, a cookie, presents, etc. The one next to it has little openings with a piece to hang on yet another manger scene.

I made this one a few years ago, there is a reading and Bible verse that corresponds to each ornament. This is the one that we are behind on. It requires effort from mom so doesn't get taken care of every day.

This is a felt one where we once again add to a manger scene. I got this from MOPS many years ago. It's really cute.

7 comments:

Smith Schoolhouse said...

I'm glad you posted the one of the tree that you made. I found mine too late this year so we will wait till next year to do it. I couldn't remember though what you did for the tree part so now I am re-inspired.

I'll post on my blog how we count down but it is not as elaborate as yours.

Emily said...

I remember that one from MOPS. I don't know what happened to mine. I think that was one of the favorite crafts that year. Our one advent calendar is gone now. I could never keep up with it. I usually get behind to begin with since I am never ready to start on December 1st.

Cheryl said...

I loved MOPS!

We had the one with the pop outs.

DebiH. said...

We are using the one you made!

Julie said...

I planned to use the tree one you made and didn't get to it. Our MOPS felt one, I actually glued the scene on so it is not reusable for Advent. We have four Playmobile Advent scenes, a snow man by our front door that counts down the days, a foam count-downer that we made years ago, and one that you move the candy cane to each day of the month.

Lori said...

We have 2 advent calendars which works out great since we have 2 kids:) Strangely, one stops with the baby Jesus on the 24th and the other on the 25th.

Ingle Nook said...

I just use the Christmas tree on your blog! Should I use something different?