
A Simple Woman's Daybook for today...December 8, 2008
Outside my window...the sun is just coming up and it's cold! We are having the coldest Florida fall I can ever remember in my 12 years of living here.
I am thinking...that it's going to be a good week. There is lots to look forward to.
I am thankful for...so much.
From the learning rooms...hoping for a complete week of school. We start Canada this week and I really want to finish North America so we can start fresh with South America after the holidays.
From the kitchen...fish tacos tonight and crock pot meals the rest of the week. Hannah is in "Annie, Jr." this week and we'll have to be at the theatre by 5:30 three nights. I'm also hoping to do some simple baking this week, we'll see...
I am wearing...pjs of course.
I am creating...gift bags, still! Why did I decide to do this? Is it truly worth it?
I am going...to the play "A Christmas Story" today.
I am reading...Beautiful in God's Eyes by Elizabeth George, The Other Queen by Philippa Gregory, Bartholomew's Passage--an advent book with the kids, and lots of Christmas picture books.
I am hoping...to remember this today: "What can you do today? How will you live? How closely will you walk with God? Know that He will use this 24 hour period to make you more the person He wants you to be. In God's economy, nothing is wasted, so He's certainly not going to let this day--whatever tasks it holds--be in vain!"
I am hearing...just the hum of the computer and my fingers typing.
Around the house...it's mostly tidied--Ollie and the kids took care of that while I was out last night. I still have laundry to fold, and the fridge to clean out, and the table to clear. Trying to have a joyful heart as I "bless" my home.
One of my favorite things...a Christmas puzzle--I have 5 of them now and I haven't had a chance to do any of them!
A few plans for the rest of the week...the play today, Annie shows all week, school, movie in the park and "snow" in the park this weekend, doing one of those puzzles!
Here is a picture thougth I'm sharing...
If you want to participate in the daybook, go here.
4 comments:
That picture of Grace is so sweet and she has the best smile. Even her eyes smile!
I like that God thing you had in there. I have been trying so hard to just enjoy and appreciate everything I've been doing, even if it's scrubbing the sink. Every task has a purpose...I think this is why my nana is still alive at 98...she saw meaning in everything. It is so hard for me to do this and I wonder why.
p.s., i have a really cute picture of Hannah at the Parade. She stopped and waited while I took her picture. It was really cute.
I found you via The Simple Woman and it was lovely to read your posts. I hope your week is productive and happy. Good luck with sewing the bags and I hope you find a little time to scrapbook - therapy for yourself :)) Take care!
I love the "I am hoping..." I love those type of encouragements. It's a struggle to remember sometimes.
Post a Comment