Sunday, December 21, 2008

Clean Up, Clean Up Everybody Everywhere

I am taking a short break from cleaning.  Our house has been really suffering while we've been out playing at every possible Christmas event.  Soooo, tonight we are all working together to clean this house.  It was actually Ollie's idea but it didn't take me long to get as motivated as he was.  Well, actually it took me two days.  He wanted to start Friday and we didn't have time and then he wanted to do it yesterday and I said, "no way!"  After returning from our church's cookie exchange where I totally indulged in lots of sugar and coffee I was ready to tackle this house.  I have cleaned the Florida room while he and the kids cleaned out the fridge and swept and mopped the kitchen floor.  As I speak, Grace and Joe are busily cleaning and organizing their room and Hannah and Ollie are working on her room.  After my break I'll be sweeping the foyer and dusting the living room.  I am so excited to have a clean house as we go into this week.  That means more time for us to relax!  Ollie is on vacation for the next two weeks and will help me maintain the house and keep the kids in line.  I really, really want to do better about keeping them involved in helping around the house.  So, with Ollie's help maybe we can finally get started with some good habits.  We'll see.  For now though I will fully enjoy having the whole house clean and neat.  

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

there's a little girl in nursery who loves this song and talk about starting early... she LOVES to pick up toys and put them away... WOW!