Saturday, December 13, 2008

Souper Saturday--Carrot Soup

This is hands down my kids' favorite soup!  We all love it and I always double the recipe.  

4 Tbsp. butter, 1 onion chopped

4 carrots sliced

2 medium potatoes, diced

5 cups chicken broth

2 tsp. sherry 

1 cup cream (or milk)

Melt butter into a pot.  Add onion and carrots.  Cook for 15 minutes.  Stir in potato dices.  Pour in chicken broth and sherry.  Cook, partially covered until potatoes are tender (about 20 minutes).  Puree the mixture.  Pour the soup back into the pot and stir in cream and salt and pepper to taste.  Heat without boiling.

Enjoy!  

2 comments:

Randi Sue said...

I am making my grocery list again and we will be eating this soup this week.


Thanks!

Grammy said...

I made some the other day and brought it to work with left over squash and onions, mixed the soup with the squash and heated and it was wonderful!
I love this recipe,