Tuesday, December 2, 2008
WooHoo and BooHoo
As many of you know I have been suffering from chronic feet problems for years and more recently, a lot of inflammation and pain not only in my feet, but my legs, toes, knees, and fingers. I have feared that I probably have arthritis but have not had an official diagnosis. Mornings are the worst, many mornings I have a hard time walking and everything hurts. I can't take the Advil fast enough. I have been researching and experimenting with different diets for about 6 months. Well, I have finally found a strong connection. WooHoo! It's sugar and any refined carbs--BooHoo! I have found that if I have almost no carbs--very small servings and usually whole grain if any and NO sugar, I get up in the morning and although my feet hurt I am in almost no pain. I have tested this over the last few weeks and consistently if I have a good low carb, no sugar day I wake up feeling good. If I have sugar--the pain is back in full force. It's as simple as that. So--I'm thankful to be on the road to recovery and to have found something that works. WooHoo! But, did it have to be sugar? And french fries? And pasta? And rice? BooHoo!!! On a positive note--I am losing weight. I might even make it back into the 140s--haven't seen that in a long time--at least two years. Actually I saw it for a day while I was on Weight Watchers but I quickly gained back. I can button my all time favorite pair of jeans! WooHoo! I know I will not be able to just never have sugar--I will cheat but I will also know that there will be a consequence for cheating. That is strong motivation--I even turned down french fries yesterday--my all time favorite. I'd take fries over a brownie any day. So, I'm learning some self-discipline and for that I am also thankful. I had become out of control in the area of food so it needed to happen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
I'm SO EXCITED for you! You've been waiting for an answer for so long and now you have it! Awesome. I don't do well with a lot of sugar or carbs. I found that, over time, I lost my taste for it. I'm sure it will get easier for you as time goes by. WOO-HOO!!
Great news! But, I totally get the BooHoo part! I agree with Lisa - you do lose your taste for those things, somewhat anyway.
Congrats Tiffany! I'm beginning to believe that if we would avoid FOOD altogether, we would all be healthier! :) It seems like everything has something about it that is not good for us--except vegetables...well, unless you are like me and can't eat raw veggies because they give you a tummyache...back to my original thought--all food! :)
Praise the Lord! I'm so glad you finally have some insight to your chronic pain. The "no sugar" thing...not.good. Try blue agave nectar in your coffee. Dan uses it every day. It has a very low glycemic index and it is natural. Publix in Clermont has it in the organic section. If you can't find it in your neck...let me know.
I'm so glad you've found the answer and it's a non-invasive and non-side-effecty solution. I'm sorry about the sugar, but I applaud the discipline:)
I would also take fries over a brownie.
This sounds like a good thing. Once you have a long stretch of feeling better you won't miss the junk. I'm happy for you about this. I've never had intense physical pain and can't imagine having to deal with it everyday.
Good for you. I am so glad that you have something that you can put your finger on. Now, you just have to keep your finger off the sugar. Good luck.
=)
The good news is you will have a positive side effect. You will be healthier.
Post a Comment