The last few days have been especially busy both at home and out and about. I feel like I have been here, there, and everywhere. Today was supposed to be a mostly at home day but of course things never go as planned. We had an opportunity to go to a local school this morning and see a dress rehearsal of "Annie, Jr." Since Hannah was just in that show in December I thought it would be fun for all of us to see the show and see how a different theatre (or school) did it. The show was at 9 and we found out about it at about 7:30 so it was a hurried morning trying to get out the door. It was worth it though, the show was cute. I don't think my kids have ever been in a real school so that was an experience as well. The whole 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade came in to watch the show and the MC welcomed us homeschoolers. I asked Hannah later if that embarrassed her or if she is proud to be a homeschooler. She said she felt a little weird but mostly felt proud to be a homeschooler. Anyway, after leaving the show we went to the organic produce co-op to pick up our veggies and fruit. This is our first time doing this and I was very impressed with the organization as well as the prices. I spent $30 and came home with 4 tomatoes, 3 bunches of kale, 1 pound yellow squash, a 3 pound bag of apples, 5 pounds of carrots, a pound of spinach, a head of broccoli, celery, and that might be all but I can't remember. Not bad for organic produce. I plan on using the kale to make kale chips. I absolutely can't wait. I've heard that they are really good and anything salty and crunchy sounds wonderful to me right now. Even if it is a salty, crunchy leaf. We made a trip to Goodwill, a swing through McD's drive thru (for the kids), and then to Publix. Home by 1:15 and I had to tutor at 2. My plan was to tackle the dishes still on the table from last night but I was just too tired. So, I crashed for twenty minutes or so and then got the table cleared and dishes in the sink soaking. The dishes never got done last night because I was up until 11 making cheerleading skirts. I made 7 of them yesterday. They are costumes for the upcoming High School Musical 2 show. Needless to say, after sewing all day yesterday, being out half of today and then tutoring in the afternoon--my fresh, clean house is a mess! The stuff I brought in from the park two days ago is still sitting on the piano bench along with three days' worth of mail and that's just the beginning. I told Ollie tonight that I'll get to it on Sunday. That's my next free day. Seriously. It's one of those weeks! Tons of fun but totally exhausting. I have lots of pictures to share but tonight is not the night. The Office is on in 4 minutes and the last few weeks have been HILARIOUS! I hope tonight doesn't disappoint.
1 comment:
Love the Kale chips. Watch the amount of salt called for. I halved the salt in my recipe and it was still WAY too salty. Enjoy! The bunnies love kale too - it's growing well in my garden right now.
Post a Comment