
I have lots and lots to say so if you don't feel like reading a book today you might want to visit a different blog. Trust me, you won't miss much. No deep thoughts happening here. I am actually still schooling. Grace is finishing up the work she does with me. I have my laptop in the Florida room so I can multitask. First thing I want to say is that I am about sick of sitting in Joe's pee every time I go to the bathroom. Could someone please teach this boy to lift the lid or at least, "be a sweetie and wipe the seatie"? Today is my partial fast day and all I've had to drink today is a juice I made this morning out of carrots, beets, celery, apple, blueberry, spinach, and parsley. That juice has me full of energy and in a great mood. You would think I would be feeling tired because I haven't had many calories. I'm also in a good mood because I had a great school day with the kids. We are getting a ton done and I am not stressed at all about taking 6 weeks off. I have a really good dinner planned tonight--some sort of indian cabbage, spicy mung beans (like lentils), perch cooked in coconut oil, cooked carrots, and chapatis (Indian flatbread) for Ollie and the kids. Poor Joe is so tired of eating fish. He doesn't love fish but tolerates it in small quantities. We've been eating fish just about every other day and the other night he didn't finish his dinner so didn't get a dessert. At bedtime, in tears he told Ollie, "everytime I look at my plate there is fish!" Poor kid. I know we eat a lot of weird food but I always try to include at least one thing that I know they really like and give them a break from weird food a couple of times a week.
The picture at the top of this (for some reason on my laptop I can't seem to type above the first picture) is from "Annie" last Thursday. It was the first time my kids were in a real school. A little weird for them but interesting.

Grace read like crazy last week to finish the Abeka reader, "Open Windows." She read 5 stories in one night! Just a mere two months ago it would take her half an hour or more to read 1 story. Her motivation was that I had bought her two books and she wasn't allowed to see them until she had finished "Open Windows." It was a big accomplishment for her and she deserved a reward. Now she and I are reading her new books, both of them from the "Puppy Place" series. They are a challenge for her but she is doing it and I am so proud!

I love this picture of Hannah and our little friend, Nate. I took it sometime last week but it hadn't made it to the blog yet. He's a cutie isn't he?

Another pic from last week--Tyler and Levi. We have had such a good time playing with our old friends, it's so sad to say goodbye again!

You can't really tell in this picture but that is our rain gauge showing about 6.2 inches of rain. Since then we've had at least 3 more inches and it is pouring down rain again right now. I LOVE it! It started Sunday night and didn't stop raining until sometime overnight last night. Then has started back up again today. I could totally live in Washington. I love the rain, it puts me in a good mood and makes me feel relaxed.

Here are my kale chips baking. They were pretty good. Unfortunately, I made more than we could eat at one time and the leftovers are soggy and gross. I may try rebaking them tonight or tomorrow and see if they get crispy again.
I have finally updated my other blog, "Cleansing my Temple." For those of you interested in what I have been eating (I've been asked that a lot), I did a whole post on that on the other blog. Here's the link-
Cleansing My Temple.
6 comments:
I'm loving the rain too, but only because we don't get it like this very often. I couldn't handle it if it was always like this.
Glad you like the rain..want to dog sit?
Congrats to Grace, that is very exciting!
My girls have always been in public schoold during school hours and for evening shows. Sometimes, during the day they will sit with a class. They think it is need. They have eaten in the cafeteria and do not like that :) Hannah went woth Scott on Monday to a local school in the afternoon and made sure to tell a teacher there that she doesn't go to school :) She said she corrected herself and told her she was homeschooled!
Love the pictures!
Send some of that rain up here - we are hot, hot, hot and super windy! It's drying out my new plants so quick!
Heading over to the food blog next!
I love your random posts. Where there is lots of info in different areas.
Praying for you and your body and your healing. =)
loving the rain too!
I'm with Joe. I'm not much of a fish eater either. I like seafood, but not fish very much.
The school you went to is where Hannah and Zachary went before we decided to home school. They had a great performing arts program, but due to budget cuts, most of their arts have been cancelled. We would have gone if it hadn't been 11:30 when I read the post about date and time.
We loved the rain. My garden, and my yard, really needed the water.
I like you random posts. Sometimes I just can't concentrate on one thing, you know?
Post a Comment