Friday, May 8, 2009

School stuff

I swear I just moved that top picture down where it belongs but it's right back here at the top.  I'm not moving it again, it's kind of a pain.  The picture above is from this past Thursday after the play.  A group of us had a picnic in the park and the kids decided to climb this tree.  I wish I had a better picture, you can't see it but Grace is only a few feet from the top and the tree is literally filled with kids all the way down.  Thankfully (and amazingly), there were no broken bones.  

Hannah finally wrapped up her studies of Africa.  Our final project was to make Faux Injera.  It's basically a pancake that you eat with a stew type meal like dal.  Don't you love the apron--that one's mine.  It says, "Put on your big girl panties and deal with it." My friend, Joa's mama gave it to me last year.  The Faux Injera was a big pain in the butt but we put on our big girl panties and dealt with it.  Below that are some pictures of the Africa lapbook.  The cover is not yet finished so no picture of that.  





Grace and Joe wrapped up their study of Night Creatures.  This was an Evan Moor theme pocket.  It was pretty simple and mainly focused on owls, bats, and koalas.  With the theme pockets you make a "pocket" book and there are different activities for each pocket.  




Here's the group of kids who went to see "Holes," it's terrible that they are all so unsocialized and have no friends since they are stuck at home homeschooling. :0)

And, this last picture has nothing to do with school.  Hannah rolled her hair the other night and woke up with ringlets.  

2 comments:

crispy said...

Fantastic lap/pocket books. I always love when you share those. You do a great job at teaching your kids.

Jill said...

I love the lapbooks and I really love the comment about the socializing of the kids. Your group looks as large and well diversified as ours...I found you off of the top lady lake blogs... great ideas and posts...I will be back again.