- I had a really full day today. I was just logging in what I ate today (I'm keeping a food journal to see if anything specific causes a flare up in my arthritis) and had a hard time remembering what I ate for breakfast. I was actually thinking that what I ate today was yesterday. Wanna know what I ate for breakfast? Of course you do--a fried egg and a strawberry-spinach-wheatgrass-flaxseed smoothie. The smoothie was just made with water though and I have to say it wasn't very good. I usually throw in a banana and that masks the flavor of all the greens but I can't have bananas during the first two weeks of my "diet." That breakfast lasted me for hours though. I wasn't hungry again until about 2 and I ate breakfast at about 8. I'm usually hungry within a couple of hours of eating breakfast but not today.
- I spent about a half hour lying out in the sun today. I really do not like lying out in the sun but did you know that most of us (even Floridians) don't get enough Vitamin D. Dr. Mercola has a theory that the reason we have the high rates of skin cancer is not because of too much sun but because we actually don't get enough sun. We don't spend enough time outside in direct sunlight and when we do we are slathered in sunscreen. Time in the sun (about 20 minutes a day) is part of my new "diet," I am also finding that it is a great thing to have that time to just rest and slow down in the middle of the day. I tend to run myself ragged all day and seldom slow down to rest.
- We went for a bike ride this evening and it was so nice. I find that I panic a lot less now that the kids have had more experience biking on the road. Tonight I didn't yell to stop or slow down at all because everyone was doing it on their own. We had one slight scare though, a teenage boy pulled out of his driveway very fast and came uncomfortably close to Joe. So, we had a lesson about being aware when a car is backing out of their driveway.
- I finally made Injera (African flatbread) with Hannah. It didn't turn out that great but everybody liked it and it went well with our meal of spicy lentils and chicken. We are finally done with Africa and are moving on to Saudi Arabia now.
- Good news--both of my cameras are working! The one that fell in the lake has decided to come out of it's coma and the other one decided to work too. So, in the past few weeks I've gone from two cameras, to one camera, to no camera, back to two cameras. Ollie did a little fiddling with them, changing the SD card and they both responded by working. Woohoo for Ollie!
I think it's time for me to go to bed now. I have run out of random thoughts.
2 comments:
I love your random thoughts. Sounds like you had a great day...we've been gone and I've been out of touch again, so hopefully I'll get caught up tomorrow!
Take care!
hey tiff!! Keep me posted on your new eating style, how you feel ect!! Have to say the sun thing is interesting..hmmm:)!!!!
Post a Comment