
A Simple Woman's Daybook for today...May 11, 2009
Outside my window...it promises to be another HOT day with too much sun and not enough rain and I smell smoke in the air. Wildfire season in FL.
I am thinking...that I want to remember day in and day out what a blessing it is to be a mom. On Facebook every mom is gushing about how happy they are with their children and how great their kids are. Mother's day is a great day of the year for moms. Aside from our birthday, us moms really make every other holiday special for everyone. Mother's Day is when our families make it special for us. It's like a parched ground getting rain, we just soak it up! But, even today when I am no longer being treated like a queen I still want to have the gushing feelings that my kids are wonderful and I am sooo blessed to be a mom!
From the learning rooms...well, last week was a bust so today we start fresh. We are on our summer schedule which is fairly bare bones--Hannah will be doing My Father's World (finishing Saudi Arabia this week) and Math and Wordly Wise. Grace and Joe will do reading, math, and science experiments. I got three great kits half price at a local toy store and I'm really excited about them. They will make doing science experiments really easy, they contain everything we need, even an owl pellet! We have 9 subjects--bones and muscles, the 5 senses, minerals, and I can't think of what else right now. Life is going to be very busy for the next two months but I am going to keep plugging along with school. We won't have full days for a while but we will try to get something done everyday, at least an hour and more when we can. That's the plan...
I am thankful for...a clean house and a fresh week! Friday I will have finished two weeks of The Maker's Diet and on Saturday I get to add more fruits to my diet. I can't wait, thrilled I tell ya, to be able to eat bananas and apples again!
From the kitchen...wow, haven't even thought about that yet. We have a freezer full of fish, chicken, and vegetables, and a fridge full of produce so I'm thinking we will be having lots of healthy meals this week. No casseroles in sight. For myself--more lentils, more salads, more green smoothies, it's fun getting healthy~
I am wearing...pjs
I am reading...The Host by Stephenie Meyer. I am really enjoying a break from reading books about health and diet and arthritis. This book isn't as good as Twilight but I'm still enjoying it.
I am hoping...for three good productive school days this week and for healing from arthritis in my hands.
Around the house...clean, clean, clean (read my Mother's Day post!). And--Ollie is getting a clothesline for me today. Question to those of you who dry your clothes outside--any hint for making the towels soft and not crunchy?
One of my favorite things...reading a good book to my kids.
A few plans for the rest of the week...school and tutoring today, school and park tomorrow, visiting with our friends who moved to VA and are back visiting, maybe going to the beach, girl's night out, baby shower, lots of fun!!!
Here is a picture thought...this is from Friday, we babysat two sweet toddlers and of course they had to meet Chloe and Rosie
6 comments:
As for the towels, make sure and use liquid fabric softener. And you will find that crunchy towels are more thirsty and dry off better. I kind of like it.
And I love your thought that Mothers are like parched ground soaking up the rain. Beautiful picture.
And...I am so proud of you for sticking to the makers diet. Good for you.
Loved your thoughts about mothers. We do need to remember to be thankful for motherhood every day - even the tough days.
Okay, I was three posts behind on your blog so I had to get caught up! Sounds like a great gift from your family - what a great idea. And those lapbooks turned ouf fantastic! I always feel motivated to do more things like that after I read your posts - so keep it up!
Glad you can add some fruit back in - sounds like it is all going well. I have to check out your other blog as well to get caught up on the nutrition aspect - you know how I love that stuff!
How's your wrist?
Have a great day!
tiffany - you mentioned FB - I'd love to add you as a friend...email me if you want!
You will get used to crunchy towels - it's just an adjustment. I've read about using white vinegar as a fabric softener - haven't tried it though.
good job for hanging in there with your diet! I also loved your thought about being a mom and appreciating that even on the the not-so-great days.
Have a good week!
Post a Comment