Monday, May 18, 2009

A Simple Woman's Daybook



A Simple Woman's Daybook for today...May 18, 2009
Outside my window...looks like it's going to be my kind of day--overcast and rainy! I love it! We had a big storm last night, the rain gauge showed 2.8 inches of rain.
I am thinking...about getting off the computer and making breakfast, tidying up the house and starting a productive day of school!
I am thankful...for the rain, we need it bad! Also, for a blessed week with friends.
From the kitchen...I'm finally going to make those kale chips today, the kale is washed and dry. I really can't wait! Dinner will be fish and veggies, maybe pasta for the kids. The rest of the week--nothing special--just fish or chicken and assorted vegetables probably. That seems to be the order of the day. I did make an awesome fish curry the other night for Ollie and I and will probably make that again this week. It was ridiculously good. I made it with my new favorite fish--Hoki.
From the learning rooms...I have a lot of school planned for the next two weeks because although we are schooling through the summer, the month of June will be very busy and I'm pretty sure we won't be getting much done. Depending on how the next two weeks go, we may take a summer break after all--at least for 6 weeks. It's either that or fit school in with a two week visit from a teenage friend, and two back to back weeks of VBS, a weekend trip to Nebraska, and a week in GA. All that starts in two weeks.
I am creating...I've left my sewing machine out because I have this great idea for some fun patch shorts for Grace. I'm hoping to get to them later on this evening.
I am wearing...pjs
I am reading...Nourishing Traditions--my new cookbook that I'm thrilled about. It has good, old-fashioned non-processed food recipes as well as recipes for yogurt, kefir, sprouting, etc. Goes along well with my new way of eating. Believe it or not I have been completely unable to get into a fiction book for about two weeks. I read part of The Host by Stephenie Meyer and completely lost interest. This is soooo unlike me but I think I am just too busy right now. Sad.
I am hoping...to see some signs that I am getting better, less pain in my hands for one...
I am hearing...Joe's computer game and rain, glorious, thrilling rain!
Around the house...it's a little messy but not bad. With some help from the mess makers we can have it picked up within 15 minutes.
One of my favorite things...have I mentioned rain? Especially rainy mornings.
I am going...to make my bed, eat breakfast, and get the kiddies moving!
A few plans for the rest of the week...park tomorrow, homeschool convention on Thursday night, Tampa for a wedding on Saturday, dress rehearsal for High School Musical 2, American Idol finale!!! I will be thrilled with whoever wins, I love both of the finalists.
A picture thought...

We had a chicken at the park on Tuesday...yes, a chicken. Two of my fellow homeschoolies are chicken ladies and they were trading a chicken, the kids had great fun playing with the chicken!

If you want to participate in the daybook, see Peggy here.

6 comments:

Cindy said...

It's funny that you and Julie commented that it is finally raining there and I am thankful it finally stopped here! Have a good week!

Sarah said...

Just finished reading through your past few posts as I was gone for the weekend. Good to get caught up with you. The beach looks so fun - what an opportunity to be able to do that whenever. Now, as for swimming in the lake with the gator - HOLY COW! Are you kidding me?

Sounds like you got some bargains on organic produce. Good job!

Julie said...

How are you going to the convention on Thursday, do you have a badge?!

Julie said...

hahahaha

Cristy said...

You are so amazing. You always have the best things to eat and such creative ideas. You do know that I take as much as I can from your blog?

BeckyJoie said...

Good post. "Nourishing Traditions" is a great cookbook. Some of my friends have it. Another one that is good is "Cooking Kosher, The Natural Way".

I can also relate about the inability to enjoy reading. I'm struggling with that. I think Homeschooling has fried my brain. LOL.

Anyway, I enjoyed reading your blog today.

Have a great one.