I am taking a break from the last minute preparations for our weekend trip to Nebraska. We are going to a family reunion. We are all pretty excited. It's hard to wait all day to go on a trip, especially a trip as exciting as this one. Grace has told me at least 10 times how excited she is about the traveling part. We get to go on an airplane AND, even more thrilling (in her mind at least)....getting a RENTAL CAR!!!!! She absolutely cannot wait to see what we get. She is beyond thrilled about this. Our flight leaves at about dinnertime and I don't expect that the airline will be serving dinner so I've made a buttload of burritos. I feel so organized (not something I get to feel very often). We don't have to leave for another 2 and a half hours and I'm mostly ready. Another first.
We've had a good week, this has been our "slow" week but we've managed to stay busy--of course! Here are some pictures that haven't made it to the blog yet--

We went to Barnes and Noble the other day, I wish this place was closer. I just love a good bookstore. We did their summer reading program so each of the kids got a free book. As we were getting ready to leave the bottom fell out (started raining really hard) so we all picked a book and settled in to read for a while.

This is my book club group. We went to Chili's after seeing "My Sister's Keeper" the other night. We had a great time--this is a fun group of ladies.


This picture above is from the library. They had a dance class last week and learned the "Electric Slide," and the "Cha Cha Slide." The kids had fun while I sat in the library and read a book.
Well, I will be offline for a few days which will be weird but nice. I won't be tempted to check my e-mail, blogs, or Facebook because it won't be an option! I will be free of my computer addiction for the weekend at least. I actually could take my laptop but have decided to "unplug" for the weekend. I'll have lots to tell about when I get back. Happy Fourth!
3 comments:
Have a fun trip. I have to talk to you on here since were not facebook friends.
I haven't even seen you since I've been home, saw your car at Theatre and your kids at the Jiggleman. Have a fun trip! I'm looking forward to you getting back though so I can see you!!
Have a great trip!
Post a Comment