Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Word-Full Wednesday

  • You haven't lived until you've had a Dark Chocolate Dreams peanut butter and Fluff sandwich.  I just had a half for dessert after my big ol' plate of salad.
  • I have a new salad that I love--green leaf lettuce, spinach, little bit of cilantro, tomato, cucumber, black beans, olive oil, and vinegar.  It's really good and filling.  And, if you eat a lunch that healthy you don't have to feel bad about your dessert.
  • I am getting interrupted about every third word and it's annoying me but I will press on and finish this even if it results in me screaming at everyone.  Because I'm a finisher y'know.
  • I got the shelf thingy all organized but haven't taken a picture yet.  I love it!  It holds everything.
  • I got our evaluations done yesterday and all the kids' school stuff from last year packed up.  I store each school year in a priority mail box, label it, and stack it on my closet shelf.  I keep all of our lapbooks out though because it's fun to look back through them.  Also in the box I include a piece of paper with a list of all they did that school year including field trips and special projects that wouldn't fit in the box.
  • For my birthday this year I asked for (and got) the fancy planner offered by This Old Schoolhouse.  You can read about it here and here.  It is wonderful and terribly intimidating!!  I have printed out what I need for now but have yet to do anything with it.  Not sure where to start.  I'm still glad I bought it, no regrets there but I need some focused time to put it to good use.  I have always wanted to put together a household notebook and this planner comes with all the forms to do that too.
  • It's about time to turn my focus towards getting ready for our trip.  We leave Friday and are traveling in a significantly smaller vehicle (with a great radio, have I mentioned the radio?) so there is no room for extras.  I hate packing, hate it, hate it, hate it!!!  
  • Did I mention that I hate packing?
  • Hannah has her own e-mail account and has been e-mailing  me.  Just asking questions like "what are we doing today?"  It's cute.  She'll be 10 August 9!  Where did the time go?
  • I dyed my hair today, that is a royal pain!  I am hoping to get a haircut tomorrow to go with my new dye job.  It's dark auburn again but I thought about being crazy and going blonde.  My sister's blonde and we look a little bit alike so I think I could get away with it.  I'd have more fun so they say.
  • Well, I need to go get the living room picked up.  That's on the list for today and it won't take long, it's half done already.  I can't pack in a messy house.
  • I finished this without screaming at anyone, just so you know.

8 comments:

Julie said...

I was just getting used to you being home, have fun...we'll miss you.

I say stick with the darker hair...I can't imagine you having anymore fun than you already do!

Sonya said...

I agree with Julie. Are you going short, too?

Ingle Nook said...

Short and blond...just do it! I know you won't that's why I said it- and for the record...mine isn't colored blond, it just is blond! (and the blond blends nicely with the grey!) See you soon!

Cristy said...

We brunettes have a ton of fun, ya know. Love the new car, I am so jealous. Enjoy your trip; I hope you have a great time. I can't pack in a messy house either. And finally, I'm glad you didn't have to scream at anybody. Whew! You packed alot in that blog. Oh, can't wait to see the new 'do.

Tiffany said...

I am just getting a trim--I look terrible with short hair!

BeckyJoie said...

Thanks for the link. Glad you like the forms. It is a giant book. I've used lots of the forms already but like you, need time to really do it justice.

Your posts are so cute and relatable. Blessings!

crispy said...

OK...now I need a picture of the shelf and your new hair.

Since I can't see you in person, I need my Tiffany fix somehow. BTW, missing you.

Shawnie said...

You are just too funny! Love the hair parted on the other side and dark. The shelf looks great, very organized...you know how I feel about organization..heee!!! And, man your family have had a great summer of traveling!!