Jiggety Jig
Home Again, Home Again,
Like a Fat Pig...
That's how I'm feeling. I'm pretty sure I gained at the very least 5 pounds over the last week and a half. I managed to indulge in all my favorite and forbidden foods while on vacation. Coffee, coke (for us southerners that means carbonated beverages in general--I for one prefer Dr. Pepper and Diet Dr. Pepper), ice cream (my parents made homemade peach ice cream!), french fries, juicy burgers, fried chicken, bacon, and the list goes on...but, now I'm home again and back on the health food wagon never to fall off again. :0)
We made it home today at about 3. The drive went smoothly and I enjoyed the different scenery since I came home via South Carolina. I have made the drive to GA so many times that I know every exit and count the miles and hours the whole way. We stopped for lunch at Cracker Barrel, I never do this. We always eat fast food or just snacks in the car but I was craving Cracker Barrel and have been for a while. I have to say that the hour long stop and $30 I spent on lunch were really not worth it. Sure, my chicken and dumplin's and fried okra were tasty but so is a burger. Oh well, live and learn.
I had a great visit with my friend, Susan in SC. We were best friends from about 8th grade through high school and into college. We have kept in touch all these years and pick up where we left off whenever we get a chance to talk or see each other. I enjoyed spending time with her family and getting to know her kids a little bit. Last night was my favorite though. We reminisced and listened to music for a couple of hours. Susan was really into alternative music and interesting bands when we were in high school and college and I got my musical faves straight from her. Her husband also loves music and has a ton of CDs including all the bands we loved so much--particularly this one--Guadalcanal Diary. So, we listened to a bit of just about every GCD song there was. It brought back soooo many memories. It's amazing the memories that come to mind just by hearing music. We knew pretty much all the words even though we hadn't listened to it in almost 20 years. I also got to spend some time with Susan's parents, I spent a ton of time with them and their family over the years and it was great to get to catch up with them too. Of course I have pictures but I don't think I'm getting any posted tonight. Tomorrow will be picture catch up day. Are you happy IngleNook???
3 comments:
not really...because I was hoping for pictures tonight! Notice I checked at 11:25PM right before hitting the sack! Get on the ball! Just kidding. Glad you made it home safe and sound. I enjoyed our visit!
Don't you dare wiegh until you have been home for a week!! Vacation food doesn't count and therefore should not be held against you.
Welcome back...sorry I have been a bad commenter! I'm caught up on reader and life is slowing down as we gear up for.....school starting back.
Welcome back. Glad you had a fun and safe trip :)
Post a Comment