- I have lots of pictures to share but right now I don't feel like uploading them. Call me lazy but I'm tired and it's already 10 pm. I did want to check in though. We spent the weekend at the lake. We stayed in a very nice lakehouse that belongs to some friends of my parents. Our favorite part was the huge screen porch that overlooked the lake. I spent a lot of time hanging out there and reading. The kids had a ball on and in the lake. There was a paddleboat there and that was definitely the big thrill for my kids. It gave them so much freedom to toodle around on the lake. I have always wanted to go out in a paddleboat myself so I had a turn too.
- I'm mostly packed, we head out of here tomorrow and go to SC for a couple of days. But first, I am going out to lunch with my aunt and one of her co-workers, Chandler. Chandler and I were once pretty close. I was his babysitter for years. I vacationed with him and his family and spent a few days out of every week with him and his sister one summer after his dad died and his mom went back to work as a flight attendant. I have lots of memories of him as a little guy and now he's a 25ish year old man. The last time I saw him was about 15 years ago, I'm sure he's grown up a bit since then.
- My mom and I dug through LOTS of old photos tonight looking for pictures of him. Not only did we find pictures of him but tons more that I'm bringing home to possibly scrapbook or maybe they'll just stay in their ziploc bag, we'll see. I've got some great ones of my dad with his long, hippy hair. I will definitely be doing some scanning and some tagging on FB. Hey Leslie--I've got two from our trip to Hollywood and Malibu with Cheryl and Chelsea--they are so funny!
- Hannah found out tonight that pissed is a bad word. But, not until she used it properly in a sentence.
- Tomorrow is free mocha day at McD's. It's just a sample but it's a pretty decent size for a sample. I think I'll be hitting McD's a few times tomorrow as I travel. Maybe once as I head out to lunch and once after lunch and again when I'm close to Susan's.
- Speaking of coffee--I've gotten myself totally addicted to caffeine this week. I've had coffee two or three times a day. I'll have to deal with withdrawal next week, not fun! I don't know why I do this to myself. I have almost no self control when it comes to coffee.
- I've been eating horribly and can definitely feel it. I'll be back on track in that area once I get home too.
I'm signing off! Nighty night!
2 comments:
Sounds like you have had a lovely time. You would be proud of me as I have totally given up coffee. Mike cannot believe it.
" Hannah found out tonight that pissed is a bad word. But, not until she used it properly in a sentence. "
This REALLY made me laugh!!
Post a Comment