Thursday, July 30, 2009

Traveling the Old Fashioned Way

Last night Ollie measured our new trunk area and put a blanket down on the floor the same size as our trunk space. As we pack we are placing everything on the blanket. The pile is getting higher, it's going to be a tight squeeze. It doesn't help that we have to pack all of our camping gear as well. I managed to pack for two weeks in a backpack. We've also decided not to take our TV/DVD player that has been our traveling friend for years. We will have my laptop for movies but we are mostly planning on not doing much movie watching. I have a big ol' stack of books on CD for the kids and bags packed with lots of activities. They can also do what I did on road trips--play the alphabet game, look for license plates from all the different states, color and just watch the world go by out their window. I think it will be good for them. Let's see how I feel about that after a couple of days on the road...

3 comments:

BeckyJoie said...

You're going away again? LOL. No wonder I never see you. Have a good trip.

Deana said...

Very impressive packing :) Have a safe trip!!

Randi Sue said...

Remember, less is more!