I was in a hurry when I did my daybook and have since thought of many things I wanted to say but didn't.
- First of all, we had a great weekend in Nebraska! It feels like we've been gone for much more than a few days. I completely "unplugged" while I was there and it was nice. It was a very nice hotel that we stayed in and there were computers there that we could use for free and I was tempted but chose to stay away. We stayed at Leid Lodge in Nebraska City. It was part of a big Arbor Day thing and so it was all about trees. There were leaf motifs everywhere, nature quotes on the walls, a hazelnut tree orchard on the grounds, and apples in abundance in the lobby. The hotel was also within walking distance of Arbor Day Tree Adventure. We went on a hike through the woods and there were tons of trees, and other nature art, and much more. I'll be putting on pictures later when I get a chance to sort through them. Aside from where we were staying, the company was great too. Family from all over the country were there. We do this every five years and so much has changed since five years ago. I think there were at least 10 kids aged 4 and under. Three of which were adopted--all African American. We also have a cousin from China, and two cousins from Romania. For a family full of honkies we are quite multicultural. Can you tell I've been watching too much Different Strokes? More on our weekend when I get the pics up.
- I got the movie "Twilight" from the library today finally. I think I've been on hold for it for 3 months probably. I'm excited to watch it even though I know the book is better--it always is.
- Speaking of books and movies--Two of the books on my nightstand are books that have now been made into movies. Whenever I hear about a new movie coming out that is based on the book I never think, "I want to see that movie." I always immediately want to read the book. Then, if I really love the book I try to see the movie (usually after it has made it to the library) and then complain about how bad the movie is in comparison to the book. Stupid I know but it is what I do.
- Ollie and I celebrate 14 years of marriage on Wednesday! Woohoo!
- I got sooo many birthday wishes today from friends on Facebook. It has been so fun to hear from so many people. I have never told anyone Happy Birthday on FB but now I'm going to everytime it is one of my "friend's" birthdays. It only takes a minute and it truly made my day today.
- Ollie is making Pad Thai right now and it smells so good. That dinner is going to make my day too!
- Joe won a prize bucket at the library today and was totally thrilled. My kids have been eyeing the prize buckets for weeks and we've been at the library at least 2 or 3 times a week so they can get in lots of entries. It was pretty thrilling.
I think I have now pretty much emptied my "blog brain." Now onto pictures!
3 comments:
so glad you had a nice time away!!!!
I agree about the FB birthday wishes. It really does make your day.
Glad you had a good time. I never knew there was so much to do in Neb. I look forward to the pictures.
I'm glad you enjoyed your trip. We want to go to the states we haven't been to for vacation from now on. Nebaska is one of those states. We will definitely have to bring it up the list.
The Facebook birthdays are nice to get. I felt so special.
Glad you're home.
Post a Comment