Monday, July 6, 2009

A Simple Woman's Daybook

A Simple Woman's Daybook...for today, July 6, 2009--my birthday!!!
Outside my window...it's cloudy and has been all day but no rain so far, disappointing but cloudy is good too.
I am thinking...about the week ahead, I need to get my ducks in a row--it's a busy week and then I go out of town again on Sunday
I am thankful...for a short wait at the DMV today
From the kitchen...Ollie's making Pad Thai for my birthday dinner tonight and I have some chocolate coconut milk ice cream for dessert, tomorrow we're having Hoppin' John (black-eyed peas with onions and sweet pickles over rice), after that I don't know.
From the learning rooms...at the library on Wednesday there is an art lesson, we are reading, and living life!
I am creating...I'm hemming a couple of skirts and sundresses, it's a pain being short!
I am wearing...plaid shorts and a ratty old t-shirt
I am reading...I'm almost done with "Vision in White," a Nora Roberts book. I still have all the books I mentioned last week on my bedside table plus "Time Traveller's Wife," "Handle With Care," "Meet Julie," (I think that's the title) and another one about the SAHM group.
I am hoping...for lots of time to read even though it's a busy week.
I am hearing...Martha Speaks on the tv and the fan, my ever present friend
Around the house...I haven't done a thing as far as unpacking goes. We packed light so we really only have dirty laundry and a few other things but the bags are all over the living room where we left them last night.
One of my favorite things...coming home after being away, it's so comfortable in my own home
I am going...to pick up our bunnies from Melissa's house where they spent the weekend
A few plans for the rest of the week...library shows, theatre shows, reading, sweating, going to GA on Sunday
A picture thought...
I took this picture the morning after we had gone to Medieval Times. He looked so cute snoozing in his sport coat.
If you want to participate in the daybook, see Peggy here.

No comments: