A Simple Woman's Daybook for today...July 20, 2009
Outside my window...still in GA and it's a cool morning, probably 60 degrees. I love a break from the FL heat! Next Monday we'll be in FL and then the next Monday we'll be in Wisconsin, is this a busy summer or what??
I am thinking...about what great memories we are making with all of this traveling this summer. We have been blessed to spend time with family and friends and there is more to come!
I am thankful...for hot coffee on a cool morning and for McD's Mocha Mondays.
From the kitchen...I won't be back to my kitchen for a few more days so I'm not even thinking about that yet.
I am creating...plans for the upcoming school year, it's right around the corner and will be a welcome return to NORMAL! My dad gave me this big rack thingy with 4 shelves. I can't wait to get it set up, there will be more than enough room for all of our school stuff. Woohoo!!
I am wearing...comfy pjs
I am reading...Julie and Julia, so far it has been an interesting read. It's about a girl who takes on a challenge to make all 524 recipes in "Mastering the Art of French Cooking," by Julia Child. They have made a movie from this book and a memoir of Julia Child. This weekend I read, "The Friendship Test." I liked it well enough but it wasn't spectacular.
I am hoping...for safe travel to SC and then home to FL.
I am hearing...Pop's squeaky chair as he rocks Brayden.
Around the house...we are getting packed up again, my car is jammed full. In addition to everything I brought I am going home with some stuff from the Dekalb Farmer's Market, a comforter set for Hannah, and this big rack thingy.
One of my favorite things...seeing my kids playing happily together like they did this weekend. There was one time when it was just the three of them on the paddleboat and I just loved seeing them working together. Of course I didn't have my camera then.
A few plans for the rest of the week...going to Susan's this afternoon and visiting there all day tomorrow, driving home on Wednesday, unpacking, going to see Scott Humston's show on Thursday, the library every day between Thursday and Tuesday, going to see "Oklahoma," and who knows what else.
A picture thought...
Hannah, Joe, and Sam on the paddleboat.
5 comments:
I love your blog....(just trying to make you feel better about your comments!)
I love your blog too (and I'm not just saying that!)
Of course I love your blog as well as Julie's, Stephanie's and a few others...which is why I finally started my own!
Count me in, too! Nice picture of them in the paddleboat! HAve a good week!
They all said what I was going to say. I think these are some of my favorites.
Great pic!
Post a Comment