A Simple Woman's Daybook for today...July 13, 2009
Outside my window...I'm in GA so the view has changed--I can see my parent's garden and clothesline, lots of trees, and it's a cloudy day.
I am thinking...that I miss my own computer, I was so excited to have a laptop for a lot of reasons but one of them was so that I could use it even when I traveled but I have yet to successfully connect to the internet anywhere except in my own house. I can now add McD's to the list of places I've failed to achieve internet connection. I did figure out that I needed to pay $3 for 2 hours but I didn't have two hours and I'm not wasting $3 when I could use my parent's computer. I could use that $3 to buy all sorts of things like a cup of coffee from Starbucks, a chicken sandwich, a shirt at Wal-mart, three things from the dollar spot at Target,...
I am thankful...for my family here in GA, I love coming "home."
From the kitchen...lima beans in the crock pot, fresh vegetables from the garden, and cornbread!
From the learning rooms...living life, the world is our classroom
I am creating...I've got a big ol' puzzle to do this week, does that count?
I am wearing...plaid shorts and a t-shirt
I am reading..."Every Day Deserves a Chance" by Max Lucado. It's a little disappointing. I usually enjoy his books more. It's still worth reading though and it's fairly short. I think I read half of it yesterday. The night before I left I stayed up until 12:15 am (had to get up at 5:30) finishing a book that I had started at about 9 pm. It was another one of the e-mail ones like "SAHM I Am." This one was "@ Home for the Holidays," by Meredith Efken.
I am hoping...for a blessed week with the family and for me to relax and not get all stressed.
I am hearing...Scooby Dooby Doo on the tv, cable is a special privilege when we come to Grammy and Pop's house.
Around the house...we are getting ready to go to North GA for the day. We are taking a picnic, stopping for fried peach pies, and playing in one of the many creeks.
One of my favorite things...my own computer with my e-mail addresses, bookmarks, etc. Do I sound spoiled or what???
I am going...to North GA here in a little bit and here, there, and everywhere this week.
A few plans for the rest of the week...swimming tomorrow and Thursday, Mexican Fiesta party tomorrow night with the extended family--can't wait to meet my new cousin!, visiting with high school friends on Wednesday (yeah Facebook!), to the lake for the weekend, out to lunch with my aunt and a boy I used to babysit for who is now an adult man. Busy but fun week!! Brace yourself, I see lots of picture posts coming up.
A picture thought...let's see what I can find in my parent's computer...
Here's Gracie three years ago holding a lubber grasshopper. She looks so little!!
3 comments:
Can you bring back some Georgia peaches? I would take them in payment for bunny sitting. :)
Funny that the picture is from 3 years ago because we spent part of Saturday watching old home videos from 3 years ago...we saw Grace looking just like that at Jake's fourth birthday party.
Maybe you will run into my parents in n. Ga. They are at their house this week.
Post a Comment