Thursday, March 20, 2008
Awesome Church Service
I finally made it to a Thursday night service. I knew all day that I wanted to be there and even when my evening got hectic I wasn't deterred. Let me just say that I was blessed. We had a special service tonight as we head into Easter weekend. Pastor Doug taught as though we were all disciples and we were going over what had just happened (the night Jesus was betrayed and then crucified). It really made me imagine what it must have been like to be there and be with Jesus during this time. I don't want Easter to be just another day with an egg hunt thrown in. I want to really understand, remember, and reflect on what an awesome sacrifice Jesus made for me. Pastor Doug likes to remind us that the Bible says that Jesus endured the cross for the "joy that was set before him." That joy was me and you and the world. That's hard for me to accept--I feel so unworthy--but there's no arguing with the Word of God.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I wish I could have been there! I will listen to it on the web but I am sure it was super special to be there in person!
Sounds like a great service. This season, it has meant so much to be helping Tally with her Precepts study in John. We are at the resurrection right now. So fitting.
Post a Comment