We have to turn our entries in to the fair tomorrow afternoon so even though we've known we were going to enter some things in the fair for at least a year we are madly trying to finish projects and get them ready to be entered. Nothing like procrastination. I was going to take pictures of everything we are entering but I am just too lazy, and I will be taking pictures of them on display at the fair so you'll see them then. I'll tell you what we are entering though. Hannah is entering 3 pastel pictures--an ant, a field of flowers, and a mermaid. She is also entering a beaded necklace she made, one of her purses, a watercolor picture she did today, 5 baby dolls, and a collection of doll clothes--I don't really get that one, it says you can enter a "collection of doll clothes," it doesn't say that you have to have made them or anything like that. I think she may also enter a shell collection. Under the collections category they have an "other" option and Hannah wanted to enter her signatures collection. She has well over a hundred now but I didn't think that would be a good idea. It doesn't seem good to have people's signatures on display at the county fair. She also may bake something tomorrow depending on how our day goes. Grace is entering her quilt, her pastel picture of an ant, a watercolor picture, her fingerknitted scarf, a shell collection, maybe a beaded necklace, and I think that is it. I'll have to split up the dolls between the two of them because they both worked on that.
Grace and I finally finished her quilt t0night. I let her do the rest of the sewing and put the binding on. I helped with pinning. I think it is wonderful. There is no doubt that a almost-seven year old made it but she did do a really great job. She hand sewed the middle with all the squares and then machine did the rest of it. Here's a picture--
Grace and I finally finished her quilt t0night. I let her do the rest of the sewing and put the binding on. I helped with pinning. I think it is wonderful. There is no doubt that a almost-seven year old made it but she did do a really great job. She hand sewed the middle with all the squares and then machine did the rest of it. Here's a picture--
3 comments:
way-to-go Gracie!!!
She did a great job!
Great job Gracie!
Post a Comment