Sunday, March 16, 2008

Stop the Madness!

Wow--I have another really busy week ahead of me.  I was feeling pretty stressed about it earlier today until I had a little talk with myself.  I often create my own stress by demanding too much of myself.  I do not have to do it all.  I repeat.  I do not have to do it all.  It needs to be my mantra.  Some things will have to slide this week.  Some things are too important (or too fun) to let slide.  For example--Joe has a St. Patty's day party at school tomorrow and after the party they take a walk downtown and greet everyone they meet with a "Top o' the mornin' to ya."  They also get to look for "gold" as they walk.  Some moms go out early and hide this gold.  I want to go and experience this with him and take pictures (can't miss a kodak moment).  I had almost talked myself out of going so that I could do school with the girls.  School is important but we can do it later.  It doesn't have to start at 9:30.  And just because we can't do it in the morning doesn't mean that we don't have time later.  Joe will only do this once and I will be there.  I am going to just take this week one day at a time and do what I can each day.  If we eat pb and j for dinner, that's okay.  I am going to ENJOY this week and not just survive it.  I am going to ENJOY it and not let it stress me out.  There really isn't that much to do when I think of it but to be honest, just normal life is jam packed busy with housekeeping, meals, homeschooling, and raising up these sweet children "in the way they should go."  So, when I think of adding an activity 3 out of 5 days it seems like a crazy week.  I am thankful for this craziness and the fun things we have planned.  We start our bi-weekly Wednesday afternoon skating this week--wouldn't miss it for the world!  If this post seeems scattered and a little like a pep talk to myself--well, that's because I am and it is.  Have a fabulous week and pray for me to manage my stress!  

5 comments:

DebiH. said...

I'll pray for you this week:)
I agree, my current goal is to do more than just survive each day. Sometimes it feels like survival but I am trying very hard to enjoy every experience.

Julie said...

I'm right there with ya! I had been thinking that after such a busy week last week, this would be calmer, but it's not looking like it is going to be!

crispy said...

I feel like I haven't come up for air in about a year. I can understand your feelings.

Remember, baby steps and one moment at a time. Not only is PB fine for dinner, I have to tell myself it is OK it is on store bought bread.

Anonymous said...

I hear ya! Yesterday I had a meltdown since I did not accomplish everything that I wanted to this week. Mike had to remind me it has only been two weeks since I had the baby and that it is okay not to do school right now and all of the other things that I think I need to be doing.

Smith Schoolhouse said...

hey Tiff,

If it is any consolation, the big kids and I will be doing school after I get Abby in bed tonight (early!). I have a certain amount I want to do each day and sometimes it goes into the night- but that's what homeschooling life is all about for us.
The party looked like a lot of fun. And the pancake breakfast. I feel bad, St. Patty's Day is sort of a non-event around here just because I often forget about it until halfway through the day!
Anyway, off to do supper, baby to bed and then some reading with the kids.