It has been a busy two days and I feel like I've hardly stopped to catch my breath. I have about 5 blog posts on my mind but they won't be posted tonight. Maybe tomorrow. We finally have a day with nothing tomorrow. I am counting on getting in some great school time in the morning and then I get a couple of hours to myself tomorrow afternoon (thanks H and B!). I am so behind in virtually every area of my house and life. Maybe I'll catch up a little tomorrow. In the last two days I've thoroughly cleaned/cleaned out my room and Grace and Joe's room. I've spent another hour or so in the yard and I am almost done with that project--can I hear a "woohoo"? I've done school with the girls, made a skirt with Hannah, made meals for a few families who've recently had babies, tutored, gone on a bike ride, gone to the park, cooked myself some 0 point things to have in the fridge when hunger strikes, gone to Weight Watchers (lost 1.2 lbs.), gone to Target twice, and I can't remember what else. I just know that I'm beat!! It doesn't matter how much I do, there is always more and I have a hard time pacing myself and allowing rest time. I should just rest every afternoon whether I have time to or not. I have had a quiet time the last two days. I came close to skipping it this morning because there was so much to get done and I just wanted to start right away and then I remembered something Pastor Doug recently said--"Skipping your quiet time because you are too busy is like passing a gas station when your car is out of gas because you don't have time." I'm probably paraphrasing a little but you get the idea. I NEED to take that time every day. So, in light of this exhaustion, I should really get off the computer and go to bed.
One more thing though--on American Idol tonight I was really annoyed by the cat fighting between Ryan Seacrest and Simon. They were really rude to each other and didn't seem to be joking. Maybe that is part of the show but I didn't like that part. I did like Brooke's song--beautiful! She is so sweet and humble.
4 comments:
Okay, "Woohoo!!!" How's that? Really, I am dizzy thinking about all that you got done in just a couple days. I like the car and gas analogy. I tend to need a lot of "gas" time, or I would wear down really fast. I think I've always been that way. And when I do the down time, I actually get more done because I'm refreshed.
Sounds like you have too much on your plate. Sorry you feel overwhelmed.
Though...woohoo on the weight loss. Good for you.
I like the car and gas analogy too, I'm going to remember that! Brooke was my favorite last night too! David Cook was also good and I still love Michael Johns and David Archuleta even though last night wasn't their best. Do two people go home tonight or one?
Congrats on the weight loss! Well done!!
Post a Comment