We got home late this afternoon and I feel like I haven't had a breather since then. Such is the life of a mom. That's okay though because I had a long rest on the beach. We left the beach house around 10 am and drove up the coast to New Smyrna beach. It was definitely less windy today and sunny but still cold. I sat on the beach in a sweatshirt and jeans and read my latest novel (Salem Falls by Jodi Picoult). The kids actually swam in the ocean and played for well over an hour. Not one complaint about being cold. Amazing! They had a blast. I just wish I could enjoy the beach like that but in all honesty--I do not like the beach. I do not like swimming in the ocean and I do not like sand. The only time I really like the beach is in the early morning, taking a walk, drinking a cup of coffee. I also enjoy listening to the beach from a hotel balcony. I am married to a man who LOVES the beach and we've managed to produce three children who love the beach. I am outnumbered and can see lots of beach trips in my future. I have to say though that today was nice. I was covered almost from head to toe so no annoying sand all over me. I wasn't at all hot so not at all needing to go in the water for any reason. And, I had a great book to read. I also enjoyed watching my kids. I really wish I had brought my camera down there. Joe made sand angels but not in the normal fashion--lying on your back, instead he laid down on his stomach with his forehead on the sand supporting his head and moved his legs and arms. He looked pretty funny!
We had a great weekend, I really wasn't ready to face another busy week
but here we are anyway.
3 comments:
I like the beach and hate it all at the same time. The mess of sand drives me nuts. And the hassle to get there with all our stuff.
When Chuck and I first were married, we lived at the beach up north. It was really easy to enjoy the beach by myself. Chair, book and sunglasses is all I needed.
Sounds like a fun weekend! I LOVE the beach, sand and all :) We were in Destin a few weeks ago and Scott and the girls swam in the freezing water. That's not for me, I'll wait until it's warm:)
I must confess I don't like the beach either. Luckily for me, and unlucky for our kids, hubby doesn't like it either! H & C have been to the beach 2 times, and B once in her 4 1/2 yrs. We just went a couple days after Christmas because my sister was down from Wisconsin where it is VERY very cold! Ooh, I need to put that up on my blog. My computer was down at that time.
Post a Comment