On our trip this weekend we did a little shopping and Joe got a new bike. It is really a cool bike--like a motorcycle but a bike. And, a really cool price--only $25! He is loving his new bike and even wanted to ride it to preschool to show his teachers (side note: he never wants to draw attention to himself, especially at school). We did go on a bike ride past his preschool but didn't see any teachers. On Mondays, Joe is in Little Theatre and the girls help in his class. We almost always walk and usually Julie walks with us. Her kids are in class the hour before so she walks down and then back up with us. Well, yesterday after all our bike riding I thought it would be fun to ride bikes to theatre. Grace and Joe decided to ride. Julie, Hannah, and I walked. Let's just say I WILL NOT be doing this again. I was a nervous wreck. It was all sidewalks but Joe would go way ahead and I was terrified that he wouldn't stop at the cross streets. Because of my bad feet running after him is not an option so I did some yelling and a lot of praying. We made it safely, I could have used a padded room but a seat for a few minutes did the trick. Thankfully, it was Ollie's job to get them home. I had a Weight Watchers meeting a few blocks away so I walked there and then rode home with a friend. I love living in this little town where everything I am involved in is within walking or biking distance from my house. I'm posting pictures from our bike ride earlier in the day.
Wednesday, March 12, 2008
A New Bike for Joe
On our trip this weekend we did a little shopping and Joe got a new bike. It is really a cool bike--like a motorcycle but a bike. And, a really cool price--only $25! He is loving his new bike and even wanted to ride it to preschool to show his teachers (side note: he never wants to draw attention to himself, especially at school). We did go on a bike ride past his preschool but didn't see any teachers. On Mondays, Joe is in Little Theatre and the girls help in his class. We almost always walk and usually Julie walks with us. Her kids are in class the hour before so she walks down and then back up with us. Well, yesterday after all our bike riding I thought it would be fun to ride bikes to theatre. Grace and Joe decided to ride. Julie, Hannah, and I walked. Let's just say I WILL NOT be doing this again. I was a nervous wreck. It was all sidewalks but Joe would go way ahead and I was terrified that he wouldn't stop at the cross streets. Because of my bad feet running after him is not an option so I did some yelling and a lot of praying. We made it safely, I could have used a padded room but a seat for a few minutes did the trick. Thankfully, it was Ollie's job to get them home. I had a Weight Watchers meeting a few blocks away so I walked there and then rode home with a friend. I love living in this little town where everything I am involved in is within walking or biking distance from my house. I'm posting pictures from our bike ride earlier in the day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Very cool bike. I know if I had boys we would have something like that.
Post a Comment