I mentioned these in my "to do" list earlier this week. This is such a great hands-on, teaching tool for teaching the Easter story. We've done them for the past couple of years and this year Grace used them to tell the whole story herself before I did it with her. I actually haven't done my "official" Resurrection egg lesson with the kids. Maybe tomorrow. Anyway, you hide the eggs, let the kids find them and then go through them in order. Each egg contains something that represents part of the story. There is a donkey, coins, a cup, praying hands, a whip, nails, a crown of thorns, a spear, dice, a piece of linen, a stone, and the last egg is empty to represent the empty tomb.
Thursday, March 20, 2008
Resurrection Eggs
I mentioned these in my "to do" list earlier this week. This is such a great hands-on, teaching tool for teaching the Easter story. We've done them for the past couple of years and this year Grace used them to tell the whole story herself before I did it with her. I actually haven't done my "official" Resurrection egg lesson with the kids. Maybe tomorrow. Anyway, you hide the eggs, let the kids find them and then go through them in order. Each egg contains something that represents part of the story. There is a donkey, coins, a cup, praying hands, a whip, nails, a crown of thorns, a spear, dice, a piece of linen, a stone, and the last egg is empty to represent the empty tomb.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh... my Pastor's Wife sat down and did these with my 4yo daughter on Sunday. That was so neat for me to see how much Danielle knew. The dice stumped her... and the "hankie". LOL
Neat thing that is!
Post a Comment