I have so many little things on my mind this morning, things I want to blog so hold onto your seats--here comes a really random thoughts post.
First a rant--it is flu season as we all know (some of us firsthand) and those of us who haven't had it are hoping and praying that we don't get it. I was walking out of Wal-mart the other day and the GREETER was telling someone how horribly sick she was with the flu and just how awful she felt. How many people do you think she spread the flu to that day???? Why did she not just stay home??? I don't know her or her story, maybe she doesn't get to eat if she doesn't work or something but I couldn't help but be angry. If you are sick--stay home and get better! Last night at theatre as we were leaving I heard a dad ask his daughter how she was feeling and she answered "awful." He then asked if she thought she had a fever, etc. The way the exchange went lead me to believe that she was feeling sick before she came to theatre. So now she's potentially polluted 50 kids! I also must say here that my own husband is one of those people who won't just stay home when he is sick. He goes to work anyway which makes me crazy!
Do you know what potential osmotic pressure is? It has something to do with hemolysis I know that. For those of you who don't know I am a math tutor. I used to be a math teacher and now I tutor in my home to earn extra money. Well, this week it was Anatomy and Physiology. One of my old students is in college now and calls me whenever she is having trouble with something. This did have a little math but the math part was simple--the rest made no sense at all. I read over and over the info she had and could do nothing more than help her come up with a list of questions for her teacher and make plans to get together again once these questions were answered. She called me later to say that she had some answers and to one of them I shocked myself and replied--"so that means they are isotonic right?" I think I must have learned something...
A need to hunker down...that is the exact phrase that keeps coming to mind when I think of my life right now. This last month has been very busy with traveling (to GA and Chicago) and lots of other little commitments, projects, and stuff. So much "stuff" that I feel like I've been fitting school in when I get the chance. We are doing the bare minimum and doing that quickly and just trying to check it off the list. This is NOT how I like to do things. I like for school to be our focus all week and then fit in the other stuff if it works out. My house and yard are also a mess and in serious need of attention. So, the phrase "hunker down" keeps coming to mind. That's what I need and want to do is just "hunker down" here and get back on track. We have three weeks before Ollie's parents come for a week and then Ollie will have a week off. In those three weeks we will be getting caught up on school and life around here and fitting everything else in if we can. I already feel more settled now that I have made a plan.
Speaking of our yard--we have the potential to have an amazing yard. We have about 40 different tropical fruit plants and trees. Unfortunately right now it is a mess. The back is overgrown, weeds everywhere--just a mess. I am on a mission to clean it up. I think I will take before and after pictures. I am excited and eager to get started. That's where I'm headed now. Stay tuned for pictures!
2 comments:
Here are my random comments.
-Sick people should stay home. I totally agree. Keep your germs to yourself.
-Hunker down. I like the phrase. We use a different one around our place. But I agree on getting the bare minimum done. Don't like that feeling. Good for you to prioritise. Hope it goes well.
You sound like a woman on a mission! Shall we cheer you on? I was never a cheerleader, but I can try!
Post a Comment