
Every one of those black dots is a jaboticaba fruit! We tried to pick them all tonight and have three big bowls overflowing. These fruits are really good but not easy to eat. You have to puncture it with your teeth and squeeze the fruit into your mouth, not eating the skin and then spit out the seeds. You get maybe a 1/4 tsp. of fruit in each jaboticaba. It's a fun tree to have though and obviously quite the producer! This is our biggest crop ever. The tree usually has to grow for about 10 years before it will produce any fruit.

I discovered another flower yesterday. I think this flower is so unique and beautiful. It is a rose apple flower. This fruit tastes just like what a rose smells like. We had one huge crop about 7 years ago and then the tree was damaged and is just now flowering again. I hope we get some fruit this year.
Here's our new shed!
5 comments:
Wow, I have never even heard of these fruits.
Woohoo! Storage! Awesome!
Looks like you have done a great job. Good for you.
woo-hoo for in-laws!
The fruit looks great! Tell Ollie way-to-go! Although I am sure your support of his passion is part of the fruitfulness!
Like Lisa, I have never heard of these fruits. What do they taste like? I love the rose apple flower. Very beautiful!
Post a Comment