Thursday, March 13, 2008

A Trip to the ER

We went to the ER last night for the third time in our lives.  Joe woke up with a croupy cough and just couldn't quit coughing.  Then he started having trouble breathing--he could breath but it was hard for him and sounded awful.  It didn't help that he was practically hysterical.  This went on for about 30 minutes before deciding to take him in.  Once outside he calmed down and was breathing better but still wheezy.  He got a breathing treatment, an xray and was declared fine, probably a virus but we have to see the pediatrician today.  Of course all this happened in the middle of the night so we are all dragging this morning.  I am thankful that he is okay, it was pretty scary.  

7 comments:

Melissa said...

So glad he's ok!! wheezing is a scary thing!

crispy said...

Like I said...ER is a bit of a freaky place. Glad he is doing better.

Leisa said...

Glad he is ok, you just never know. THe middle of the night always seems the worse... THere is a coughing virus going around. Ethan is on the tail end of it but he sounded horrible over the weekend. Glad Joe feels better..

5Gustos said...

Poor little fellow! I bet you guys are dragging today. I hope he's feeling more like himself soon.

Lisa said...

I am SO SORRY about your ER trip. I'm glad it's all o.k.!

Steph C. said...

Yikes! PTL Joe is in HIS hands!

Randi Sue said...

Libby had croup around Christmas. She was having a hard time breathing in the middle of the night. I probably should have rushed her to the E. R., but didn't. I just put her in the bathroom with the hot shower running and held her to keep her calm. The next day I took her to the doctor and was told how that I should have taken her in and to take her straight to the nearest pharmacy. I spent the next few days really upset that I waited so long to get her help.