Thursday, July 23, 2009

Pictures--South Carolina!

We spent the morning at the Columbia Zoo. It was a great zoo--the animals are in really nice habitats and they were very active. This bear was the first animal we saw and he was pacing and pacing right here where we could see him.

This gorilla just laid here watching us, he was kind of pitiful actually but it was neat to see him so up close.





Feeding the giraffes was a huge highlight of our morning at the zoo.




We taught them how to play Whoonu and played a few games with Bobo (Susan's mom) and more games that night with Susan. If you have never played Whoonu you need to go get the game and find somebody to play with you. It is so fun!
The diving board!

And we ended the day making cookies--really good cookies. Chocolate cookies with peanut butter chips--yum!




On the way home we stopped at Cracker Barrel for lunch and a golf tee game or two.


6 comments:

Julie said...

Fun!!

I once knew a boy who fell into the polar bear habitat at that zoo. (his parents sent him to day care every morning at 6:30 am...even the WHOLE YEAR that his mother stayed home with his baby brother...he was 2 1/2)

crispy said...

Chuck and I both went to college in Columbia. Have been to that zoo many times. Sounds like your trip was fun. I bet you are full of cleaning up from the trip and doing laundry.

Susan said...

We had so much fun during your visit! Hannah, Gracie,and Joe were such a joy to be around. My kids are really missing them. Little Jones cried when he woke up five minutes after you left and discovered that you were already gone! We cannot let so much time lapse between visits. I will be thinking of you on Monday when I hit my local McD's!
Love,
Susan
P.S.- WhooNu is already packed and ready to head to the lake with us for the weekend.

Leisa said...

Julie,

Was he sent to daycare because he fell into the habitat? Was it Ethan's twin?? That is so mean to send him to daycare when you are home :(

Maybe I won't chance any zoo trips for a while..

Tiffany said...

I can't imagine my kid falling in one of those! Scary!!
Cris--I didn't know you went to school in Columbia...I saw some of the campus driving through town.
Hey Susan!! You commented! WHOONU??? Hope you guys have fun this weekend, tell little Jones sorry for us!
Leisa--Ethan would totally be the kid to fall into some habitat at the zoo! Better keep him home.

Smith Schoolhouse said...

i love Joe's wild shirt- very fitting jungle print for the zoo.