Well, I survived Day one of my anti-inflammatory diet. It wasn't so bad. I did totally crave sugar but I didn't give in. I think it will get easier and I am so eager to see if this works that it's really motivating me to stick with it. I bought some stuff called Xylitol that is a natural sweetener and plan to only use it in coffee and hot tea. I don't think it counts as artificial sweetener but I still don't plan on abusing it. I had already decided that but then read the label and it said that if you eat too much it could cause diarrhea. No thank you. That reminds me of a commercial that was on a few years ago. It was for some sort of prescription drug and one of the side effects listed was "sudden onset of explosive diarrhea."
That could be a problem.
What if you are in line somewhere?
in the car?
at the dinner table?
Enough about that--I've had a few people ask me what my menu is so here it is--
Salmon, spinach squares, and mashed potatoes
Chicken nachos
Baked Lentils and cheese
Veggie night--carrot soup, sauteed squash and zucchini, sweet potatoes, and cornbread
Red Lentil Soup
I also bought nuts, seeds, flax seed, acorn squash, butternut squash, canteloupe, and strawberries to supplement or snack on.
Hope everyone had a good day--mine was great but I'm exhausted (sugar withdrawal?) so I'm going to bed early.
4 comments:
Oh my word...I was laughing so loud Chuck had to ask me what was so funny. That really got me good. I have often wondered about those adds too. Sounds like the cons out weigh the pros on some of them.
OK. Back to the diet. Good for you. Good job. Keep me posted.
-Cris
Okay, you will have to taylor that diet for me so I can try it. Can you make one with no salmon, spinach, lentils of any color, or veggies. Thanks! Or maybe, I'll come over and taste the lentils...you may win me over if they are good.
That sounds delicious! I'm tempted to join you
mmm. mmm.
Can I have your Starbucks cards?
Post a Comment